top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TIME IN STATUS 98 days...how many days typically for discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TIME IN STATUS 98 days...how many days typically for discharge?

The PACER report shows time in status as 98 days. Is there a 'set' amount of days till discharge?

Thanks

Birdprincess

No, there is not a set number of days. The bankruptcy code only reads that it should be done with all due haste, after the timeline for determining dischargeability has passed. In other words, the discharge should come "quickly" after the 60 days "after" the first schedule 341 Meeting.

Sometimes it easy to find out what's holding up the discharge by contacting your Case Manager (if pro se), or bugging your attorney.

Now as to your specific 98 days, what is that measurement based on? Is that time in status for the entire case, time in status for "awaiting discharge", or time since 341 Meeting concluded? It makes a difference upon which that number is based. Generally speaking, the time from filing to discharge is around 90 days anyhow.
    Last edited by justbroke; 05-26-2011, 05:59 AM.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

It is 98 days from date of filing...49 days since 341 meeting. So I guess it is still at least 11 more countdown days, huh?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by birdprincess View Post
        It is 98 days from date of filing...49 days since 341 meeting. So I guess it is still at least 11 more countdown days, huh?
        Yes. You should be able to look at your Notice of Bankruptcy and it will clearly show the "last date to file a complaint to determine dischargeability" somewhere. (The wording may not be exactly that, but it will be about the dischargeability complaints.) That's known as the dischargeability bar date. It is effectively the day before a discharge can be granted.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X