Discharged 5/26/2011....but that's not all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged 5/26/2011....but that's not all

I remember when I went to my 341 in March that an attorney had advised his client that the process takes 65 days in my district.

Really had to check PACER on this,because once the deadline passed for the objection to discharge, I kept looking for it to be "satistfied." If you look at the overiew, it says "Disposition." The discharge date was noted as 5/26/2011 and I was able to print out the order of discharge. Not sure when the "close" date will occur.

Even emailed my atty to let him know that I saw it early in the a.m. in PACER.

Talk about how crazy life is, I no sooner get the discharge that I find out that my co. was bought out by another company and as a result, my job will go bye-bye.... I knew there was threat of outsourcing, but this is more drastic.

In hindsight, I am glad I went through the BK, because it would be difficult to do so later and if I don't have to fight harassing creditors and judgments, it might make it easier to focus on reinventing myself. I posted a while ago, about other stuff, but this is really hard. The ony good thing is that I won't be turned out with just six weeks pay, but 7 months.

So, it is a mixed bag. Sigh..... I guess I can't say my life is boring.

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is GREAT news about your Discharge, but I am so sorry to read that you job will be lost... So this IS a true New Start. Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Be sure to sign up for Unemployment Compensation as soon as you can.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

It's good that you can see the positive things - 7 months pay & no creditor hounds - and hopefully you will find a new company and a new job where you meet some wonderful people and enjoy your day-to-day. It's a true adventure.

Congrats on your discharge
      There are two secrets for success in life:
      1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

And IF this would have happened before you filed (or you had waited), that 7 months severance would have been INCOME! Might not have qualified for CH7!

Comment

I remember when I went to my 341 in March that an attorney had advised his client that the process takes 65 days in my district.

Really had to check PACER on this,because once the deadline passed for the objection to discharge, I kept looking for it to be "satistfied." If you look at the overiew, it says "Disposition." The discharge date was noted as 5/26/2011 and I was able to print out the order of discharge. Not sure when the "close" date will occur.
          we got both our discharge and order of no assets (closed) order in the same envelope, we understand that's more a rarity than the norm.

i have heard many that have waited up to two months to receive that "closed" order. usually for a few reasons.... many times the trustee's office is backed up with work and just has a back log, or they may still be reviewing your case. you may be discharged and not closed and will not be, unfortunately, until the trustee releases your estate. i'm sure they are just back logged and congrats on your discharge!
          8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Congratulations and best of good luck in your job search!!!! You WILL find a new job in seven months (or less!!!! - and then it's double pay!!!!!!!!)

Comment

congrats on your fresh start

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X