Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Time Making A Decision

Hello Everyone!

I have been reading and posting on these boards for a while and I just love it. Right now I am in a pickle and I need to make a decision by the end of this week. I have 37K worth of debt right now that is driving me crazy. 23K of it is a car that is worth about 9K and needs 2K in repair. I love this car but, can not afford the 600.00 monthly note anymore. The rest of the debt is credit cards, a loan and medical debt. I filed Chapter 7 bankruptcy in 2001 and it's about to fall off my credit report this year. Now I am looking at filing Chapter 7 again to clear this debt. I feel really guilty and just depressed. I feel that at the age of 31 it is going to be harder to rebuild. Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Should I just take the plunge and do it? I will need to buy another car and would like to buy a house one day. With the credit rules now is there any future in that? I hope someone responds!

you may want to consult an atty. but i would just turn the car in, or surrendered the car if it were me. and, while this will still look like a repo on your credit report, but better than a bk.

since this car is really the bulk of your debt, that would immediately resolve that problem. i understand you may really love the car, but it's not worth being buried under the sand, you think??

i would first try and save a bit of cash get yourself another car. i know your probably saying how to do that...well if you don't have that $600 note anymore save that for a few months and get yourself a nice certified used car.

best of luck!
    Last edited by tobee43; 05-31-2011, 05:53 AM.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Well, like Tobee43 said, I concur, perhaps if you're current on your note, you could get the lienholder to give you a 1 or 2 month forbearance, usually they may charge you a small fee, and if that gives you 1-2 months of savings, great. then maybe make one payment, or partial....and then let it go. you could probably keep the wheels for 45-60 past your due date and at $600/mo, you could probably save up $2500-3k in that time period...that may buy you a clunker, or 50% down on a used clunker. if you had to finance $2500 and could get 2 years, your payments would be in the neighborhood of $100-$130 probabaly....hope this helps ya
      Filed Ch 7. Jan 14th 2011. 341 Feb. 24th 2011. DISCHARGED April 26th 2011. Closed May 10th, 2011. Huge weight off our shoulders! Scores as of 5/14/11 : TU-639, EQ-642, EXP-602

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X