Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is "Disposition" in PACE>---Update on Discharge

Hello all.

I posted about seeing my discharge in PACER and then saw the entry for final decree. Had printed it off and got the official paper on Tuesday, which says essentially that the bond was cancelled and the case closed.

Keep checking and its says "Disposition"

What is "Disposition"? Have been looking all over for this explanation.

Many thanks.

Disposition just means that the case has reached it's end and a "decision" has been made in the case. Think if "disposition" as the final outcome. The disposition of your case should be "discharged". Other dispositions could be "dismissed", "revoked", etc.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks for that....

Case still not showing up as "closed" in PACER. Even though the discharge papers say so, the case is not showing up as closed. So is it really closed?

Comment

I'm sure it's closed if you have received an official notice. Pacer is slow sometimes, my status still says "awaiting first meeting" but that's over and done with and in the Docket section my Trustee posted his No distribution of asset response. So maybe the clerks or etc just have to go in an catch it up. I'm sure you are just having a simple paperwork beat the website issue....
        Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Your case may not actually be "closed". Discharge of the debtor is the "closing" of one part of the case, but it is not the "close" of the entire case. Usually, closing comes right after discharge and sometimes happens simultaneously. Closing is an administrative task and could take hours, days, weeks or even a year or two (if you are an asset case).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks again. But I should note that my case was no-asset. That is why I was puzzled. I knew that an asset case could take some time.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X