quick bk7 question..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamprose View Post
    Hi tobee43 I would love to WAIT, but my heart and adrenals have had their fill of stress now, it could get very unhealthy not to buy some breathing room 'now'. I have no doubts, n see a small percentage of the 403 as a kinda cheap life insurance. Nothing going to the credit cards I lived on after I was fired n went back to school. They will WAIT a long time. I jus want to feel sure if I choose BK later that Iam not missing something now. The very last thing I want is to find my last resort of BK7 was somehow dismissed and I am left at the mercy of creditor lawsuits/judgements for years to come. Like I mentioned, my heart doesn't take kindly to those type surprises anymore. Feels jus like someone has reached inside, grabbed ahold n won't stop squeezing(hard). Gets very difficult to breath then too, hence Iam happy to go to the only place left where I can buy a little time. I don't plan to waste any of it. namaste'
    i sooooooooooo understand. we actually went "underground" for two years!!!! we lived in a state that was extremely creditor friendly, so we left our home of 33 years, left no forwarding address, phone number etc. we lived with friends for over 1 year then another year we rented with someone else renting for us. now, and, although we still had opened bank accounts!!

we needed to wait the 2 years for a few reasons, first, to get the state exemptions from our current state, and secondly to put more time to be able to answer NO to any question relating to money transfers etc. (i.e. cashing in any money and having to explain it). although, one question had 10 years!!!! and we did have to answer yes to a property transfer, but had all docs to back up our postition. it was still a complex bk actually 2 one for a s corp and one personal..so it was a mess!!! i thought we couldn't make it but we did.

i know about the stress, the fear the tears. it was a hard go, but we did it! and for us, we had to wait other wise we really would have had more legal fees we couldn't afford, we still had a AP to deal with an dother things, but all and all it was worth the wait in our situation.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Hi, I want to give a huge thanks to the caring folks here who convinced me to change my mind and speak to some attorneys. I did that and felt like I was wasting my time, and should quit looking for good attorneys who do just bankruptcy, when I got a referral. I can happily report that after a half dozen consults, I found an attorney I am comfortable with. The contrast of unprofessional advice is amazing, like one who wanted a $5000 retainer to start because he would need to litigate in my case. So, with a good lawyer I decided to file jointly and include my spouses tax debts. This has caused me some confusion though.. the NY attorneys have told me that federal exemptions are still allowed in BK7 when tax debts are discharged(with state and federal liens, on no assets). I find the opposite opinion in the posts here, stating that you would lose your federal exemptions. Could anyone direct me to the statutes showing if federal exemptions are still allowed in this case. Thankyou too much for all the great help here.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X