Option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option?

Just wondering, I have been calling attorneys in preperation of my bankruptsy, they all seem to push debt consolidation or chap 13. I really need a attorney thats gonna work for me. Can they make you file a chap 13 even if you can get a 7? Its scary because everybody make a profit off 13.

The attorney can't "make" you do anything that you don't want to do. Keep looking until you find the right attorney!
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
      Its scary because everybody make a profit off 13.
      Attorney's make a profit off a 7 too. Why would they be in business if they weren't making a profit? Attorney fees are higher for a Chap 13 because there is more work involved.

You say you are calling attorneys. How much info have you given them before they talk to you about Chap 13? Have you actually met face-to-face with an attorney?
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Not yet, filing in Dec or Jan. Been calling around they just seem to mention chap 13 over 7. I just feel like everybody I talk to is like a pushy salesman. I know I decide in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by karm43 View Post
          Not yet, filing in Dec or Jan. Been calling around they just seem to mention chap 13 over 7. I just feel like everybody I talk to is like a pushy salesman. I know I decide in the end.
          What information are you giving them? Because everyone that I called never mentioned Chapter 13. But then I am below the median income for my state. It could be that you simply don't qualify for a Chapter 7 BK based on the income and expenses that you are giving the attorney. But without more info, this is just a guess.

Comment

If you would like to PM me, I am in PA. Maybe if you are close to my area I can give you my attorney's name. Let me know! Can't push you into 13 if you qualify for a 7!!!
            Filed CH 7 4/15/11
            341 5/23/11
            DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X