I am considering filing Chapter 7:
    - unemployed for two years
    - no unemployment
    - judgement of $ 40,000
    - credit card debts

Any recommendations?

Pukkie

What exactly is the question?
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Like Frogger, not sure what the question is. But, I would surely file CH 7 with your situation!!!!
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11
      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Yes, I would recommend filing...like, yesterday! Seriously, if I was served with a creditor lawsuit, I'd file BK ASAP before the creditor has a chance to get a judgement. In your position, you have everything to gain and nothing to lose by filing, unless you expect to incur some more debt that you'll need to get rid of, such as medical bills.

Comment

A creditor suing me was the final straw that made the decision easy, I had debating for months. I was served on a Saturday and put an Attorney on retainer on Monday. I did not even have to address the summons. The lawsuit was dismissed, it disappeared.

If I were you, I'd consult with an Attorney as soon as possible.
          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

I have a different take on this: You have no income (nothing to be garnished). If you don't have any assets that can be taken from you to satisfy the judgment (car, etc) then I would hold off on filing for bankruptcy. Get some income first, and health insurance if you can. If you file for bankruptcy now and then get sick later & incur medical debt you would be in a pickle. I wouldn't play the BK "trump card" yet. Good luck to you.
            Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
            I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
              Like Frogger, not sure what the question is. But, I would surely file CH 7 with your situation!!!!
              I second that.

Comment

Looks like we had just another one hit wonder with the OP.........
                All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X