• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Final Notice Letter

Hey everyone,

My 60 days are up on June 13th.

I just received a letter in the mail which states the following:

Re: Outstanding Credit Card Balance Renegotiation - Activation Pending.

Please be advised that this is your final notice to renegotiate your outstanding credit card balance. No further offers will be made to renegotiate

Please call (number) no later than: June 30, 2011

You must call to activate your renegotiation on or before the above expiration date. if you do not respond, then your renegotiation will be forfeited.

Please note that after renegotiation of your outstanding balance, all major credit bureaus will be notified by your creditors that your debt has been satisfied and paid in full for less than the balance owed.

Sincerely,

Renegotiation Department

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

You've filed for BK and included this card in the petition?

If so, I'd ignore the letter...and I certainly wouldn't renegotiate anything...pretty sure they aren't even supposed to be contacting you.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Sounds like a mass mailing from the bottom feeding debt consoladation co. that troll the credit bureas looking for past due reportings then contact people with a way to make all there problems go away. I think they are a little late to the party, but your credit reports are still reading late pay or charged off, it will take awhile after discharge to see the BK. I would just throw that letter from these carring folks that only want to help you in the trash and know that you don't need there help you did it on your own.

Comment

unless you receive a court notice stating you've been sued.....I would not worry about it.
        If you have not yet filed for BK and you have enormous Credit card debt and unable to pay..... consider consulting with a BK lawyer as soon as possible.
        Don't stress yourself.

Comment

If you filed with the help of an attorney, turn that letter over to him/her her. That attorney may very well relish going after a creditor/CA that violates the Automatic Stay, because that is what has happened, be it an automatic mass-mailing, or not.

Good luck to you and go get 'em!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Unless the OP missed it or just failed to say, there is nothing on this notice advising that it is an attempt to collect a debt.No account or creditor was menctioned, seems very gernic I dought any violate. Just junk mail like every preapproved credit card that we all get in our mail box almost everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by freddysmith View Post
              Unless the OP missed it or just failed to say, there is nothing on this notice advising that it is an attempt to collect a debt.No account or creditor was menctioned, seems very gernic I dought any violate. Just junk mail like every preapproved credit card that we all get in our mail box almost everyday.
              UMM, excuse me but that letter has 'mentions of debt' all over it. The amount did not have to be listed for it to be a threat. That is why the OP needs to take this letter to the attorney. It is my understanding that ANY attempt to contact someone in an active BK, by any creditor is a violation of the Automatic Stay.
              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks for the input folks. I have turned the letter over to my attorney and waiting for her response. This is such a great forum. Keep up the great work

Comment

Keep us posted. I'd be interested to hear what your attorney said. This letter sounds very much like the junk mail/junk phone calls that we periodically get from so-called "debt relief" companies. You know, those letters that claim to be able to get your creditors to lower your payments and/or settle your debts for less than you owe. Was there any specific creditor or account number mentioned on this letter?

Comment

My lawyer responded with the following, "You can disregard the letter. That is not an official bankruptcy document….however, if you continue to get contacted/harassed by any creditors please let me know so we can take the appropriate actions for them to stop."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X