top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Estate is closed:" -- does this mean my BK case is now closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Estate is closed:" -- does this mean my BK case is now closed?

I checked Pacer on a whim tonight and I'm glad I did.

I was discharged back in March, and today there was a new item posted on the docket. It says "Order approving trustee's final report of no distribution"... that "all deficient pleadings that have not been cured are considered moot," and that the "estate is closed."

Am I done now??

Done for good, as in forever and ever? Finally released from this four year nightmare?
    Last edited by bluemartini; 06-09-2011, 08:24 PM.

Well, yes and no. It just may be terminology, but what you are looking for is the order of discharge. Might only be your district and rhetoric, but hang in there and the hamsters will be playing your Victory very soon. Give it a day, buy a fine wine, get a rose for your honey, then look again tomorrow. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Whoops, I think I edited before I saw your reply. I added an edit in the OP that I was discharged back in March. Does that make sense? I hope this means my case is closed. I am hoping I can go buy a shredder this weekend and shred all of those stinking collections letters and credit statements.

Comment

It also says the case was terminated today.

Comment

Well, I haven't seen it worded this way, but it does look as though your case is closed. Other opinions, please???

Congrats!
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Yeah, I think the wording was a little funny, too. I guess I'll call my lawyer today.

Comment

AC our order reads basically the same way as the OP's. entitled: Order Approving Trustee's Report of No Distribution.

the order itself includes the following instruction and description of what the order covers:

1. the report of the trustee is herby approved and that the estate is closed.

2. the trustee is discharged and relieved of her/his trust.

3. all deficient pleadings that havve not been cured are considered moot

Done and Order such and such date and then signed by the good ole judge.
              8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X