Nervous about 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous about 341

341 meeting in 2 days. I am so nervous. Please calm my nerves. Thank you!

A friend of mind just had his 341 about 4 months ago and said it was really nothing to get nervous over. Lasted about 4 or 5 minutes and it's done. So when it's over, let us know how it went for you.

Comment

Take 2 shots of Jack Daniels each day and call me back in 3 days. You'll be much better.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Read over the posts and the 'stickies' in the 341 Board, and I think you will feel a little better.

Just make sure you have your DL and SS cards and anything else you may have been told to bring with you. If you weren't told to bring anything, then just have the DL and SS cards. Make sure you know where your meeting place is. If you aren't familiar with the area, take a drive and have a look. Know where parking is. Bring plenty of quarters in case you have to feed a parking meter. Leave plenty early before your meeting so you can deal with traffic issues in case they arrive. And do your best to get a good night sleep the night before.

Dress sensibly. Business casual is best. No flip-flops or shorts and tee shirts--though you will probably see them. Dress as though you are going to church. And if you have any flashy accessories like costume jewelry--leave it home. You don't want to call undo attention to yourselves.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Bunny.......read some of the 341 meeting posts. You will see in almost all cases, they are a breeze. I too was nervous as my attorney had my expenses extremely high for a single person. I was questioned for less than 2 minutes, they never even looked at my bank statements!

Take Angelinas advice, relax and maybe Froggers but not before the meeting LOL.

Let us know how it went. Good Luck!!!
          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
          341 5/23/11
          DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Had my 341 over 1 wk ago and it lasted about 2 min. I was nervous too but it really wasn't anything to worry sick about. As long as you have been honest don't worry.

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you for all the encouraging words. I still feel nervous but also feel that it will go OK. I hope I can sleep tonight. I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow! Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by mzbunny26 View Post
                Thank you for all the encouraging words. I still feel nervous but also feel that it will go OK. I hope I can sleep tonight. I will let everyone know how it goes tomorrow! Thanks again!
                There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Comment

They *do* look at your bank statements (and everything else), but usually before the 341 meeting. Your attorney provides the Trustee with copies of them at least 7 days prior to the meeting. If they do not ask any questions about them at the 341, this means there was nothing on them to cause concern to the Trustee.
                  Any information posted by me is for general informational purposes only. While I am an attorney, I am not YOUR attorney and any information I provide is not legal advice.

Comment

OK...went to the 341 meeting this morning. No creditors there, which was a relief.
                    The trustee found something in the paperwork that didn't add up. I think I swallowed my tongue and my heart stopped. My lawyer said everything was OK but he had to amend something and we needed a form from my creditor about my vehicle.
                    The trustee said my husband and I "just did make it". Not sure what that means but I'm thinking that it has something to do with us qualifying for BK. Ahhhhhh!
                    I want to say, what a relief but my lawyer said to call him in a few days.
                    Through all the craziness of filing, credit union fiasco, changing banks, surrendering truck, and then having to purchase a new one and then my husband's direct deposit from his work changed because his truck payment was deducted from his paycheck with the credit union, I forgot to tell my attorney about this. Now we pay on our new truck directly by check which happens to be more than our previous truck payment.
                    Does anyone think that something might be really wrong? I know that I'm probably paraniod.
                    Please share any thoughts about my 341 and if anyone had a similar experience.
                    Thank you so much!!
                    Bunny

Comment

MZBunny,

Glad to hear you made it through. Im sure your atty would have told you if anything major was pending as a result of this 341.

On a side note. BKATTYMI, that may be the case in MI, but my attorney, nor the trustee ever asked for any bank statements at all. I had them just in case, but never came up. Not even the one for the day of filing.

Comment

Congratulations, mzbunny! From what you posted, it sounds like it went very well. I agree with sh9730 in that you would have been told if something really 'major' came up. I truly hope you now only have to wait.
                        Decided on Chapter 7: October 13, 2010; Retained Attorney: October 20, 2010; Filed Chapter 7: February 4, 2011; 341 Meeting: March 23, 2011; Discharged: May 24, 2011

Comment

Gald your 341 is over msbunny. Hopefully you will soon be awaiting discharge!!!
                          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                          341 5/23/11
                          DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Thanks everyone!

I feel better today! My 341 meeting this past Friday at first freaked me out. Now I found out why the trustee was questioning something. It was just a glitch in the computer that added up incomes incorrectly.
                            So now I can relax a little and wait for discharge.

Now I'm in the 60 day club!

Comment

Congratulations!! Now you can rest a little easier!
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X