top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 days after 341 - Insufficient Information Necessary to Make Presumption of Abuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow still going through this nightmare. My lawyer filed objections to dismiss. And this:

A Statement of No Determination does not satisfy the 10 day limitation of Section
    704(b)(1)(A). (In re Ansar, 383 B.R. 344, 347 (Bankr. D. Minn. 2008) (Chapter 7); In re
    Perotta, 378 B.R. 434, 438 (Bankr. D.N.H. 2007 (Chapter 7); In re Robertson, 370 B.R. 804
    (Bankr. D. Minn. 2007)(Chapter 7).
    The United States Trustee’s failure to satisfy the 10 day rule bars a Motion To Dismiss
    under Section 707(b)(2). (In re Draisey, 395 B.R. 79 (BAP 8th Cir. 2008) (Chapter 7); In re
    Perotta, 378 B.R. 434, 438 (Bankr. D.N.H. 2007) ( Chapter 7); In re Robertson, 370 B.R. 804
    (Bankr. D. Minn. 2007) (Chapter 7).
    The United States Trustee did not file the required statement as to whether the Debtor’s
    case would be presumed to be an abuse under section 707(b) within the required time.
    WHEREFORE, the Debtor respectfully requests that the United States Trustee’s Motion To
    Dismiss be dismissed

Comment

Sounds like your lawyer is on the ball!!!!!!!!! BEST OF GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

(do you know why the "abuse" was filed?)

Comment

Abuse was filed because I'm a higher income and the trustee is questioning that my sister lives with me and ibpay her to take care of my parents who live with me

Comment

Originally posted by kphipps34 View Post
          A Statement of No Determination does not satisfy the 10 day limitation of Section
          704(b)(1)(A). (In re Ansar, 383 B.R. 344, 347 (Bankr. D. Minn. 2008) (Chapter 7); In re
          Perotta, 378 B.R. 434, 438 (Bankr. D.N.H. 2007 (Chapter 7); In re Robertson, 370 B.R. 804
          (Bankr. D. Minn. 2007)(Chapter 7).
          This is exctly the strategy that I pointed to earlier. The UST has no grounds for "this' type of dismissal.

Originally posted by kphipps34 View Post
          The United States Trustee did not file the required statement as to whether the Debtor’s
          case would be presumed to be an abuse under section 707(b) within the required time. WHEREFORE, the Debtor respectfully requests that the United States Trustee’s Motion To Dismiss be dismissed
          This is good, but remember that the UST's trump card is the 707(b)(3) Totality of Circumstances dismissal. Your attorney played this exactly as I would have... challenge the motion under 707(b)(2).
          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

The lawyer also put in the objection a cost comparison between me paying my sister to take care of my parents or putting them in a nursing home. That is the big objection the trustee has is that my sister doesn't work.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X