Municipal leins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Municipal leins?

So my 7 is discharged, but I'm having some issues getting a building permit due to an old municipal lein, which I feel they had no right to place anyway but that's neither here nor there. They were on the matrix. I hear terms like satisfied, vacated, lien strip, etc but I really have exactly zero experience with liens. They were not at the 341 meeting and filed no objections. So what should I do? My attorney is out of town for the week, so I hope someone here might at least point me in the right direction. It's for local sewage and I'm in Pennsylvania if any of that makes any difference.

Assuming this "lien" was valid then it survived the bk discharge since a 7 bk does not extinguish liens, only the debt. However, since this is a debt owed to a governmental entity it might not have been discharged per 11 USC 523(a)(7). If this debt falls under (a)(7) the creditor did not have to do anything such as object to the bk. The debt is simply non-dischargeable.

Gather all of your paperwork as it pertains to this debt and bring it to your attorney for further evaluation.

Des.

Comment

Well obviously they felt that it was valid, I disagree. Before it was filed I sent certified mail to the attorney that handled it for them as well as the sewage company stating that their claim was disputed in its entirety, not sure if that did me a lot of good but long story short I didn't want to pay sewage on a vacant lot and that's what they were asking me to do. I don't see how they have any right to claim any money is owed, but I don't really want to pay even more to lawyers to try to clean it up. It would be nice if they would simply be reasonable, but I guess fat chance of that happening. It's as if they don't want a paying customer, they want to throw every obstacle in my way that they can possibly think of and bleed me dry.

I make decent money and I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to pull this off. How poor people do it is beyond me.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X