Stay on delinquent property tax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stay on delinquent property tax?

We go for our 341 on July 1st and i currently have property taxes due from 2009, which if not paid, will put our house up for advertisement come July 1 and tax sale in september. My question is, can my attorney put a stay on the tax sale for a short time. We are about 2k short on paying our taxes in full and should have the 2k within another month.

Thanks!
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

The moment you filed a stay was placed on the property. The tax sale cannot happen until the stay is lifted and the property is no longer property of the estate. Make sure the County Treasurer is aware of the filing.

Des.

Comment

Why did you file BK knowing that you still owed property taxes and that you intended to keep the House? You could of used the attorney fee to pay the taxes and filed later on.

Originally posted by buffetbuster View Post
      We go for our 341 on July 1st and i currently have property taxes due from 2009, which if not paid, will put our house up for advertisement come July 1 and tax sale in september. My question is, can my attorney put a stay on the tax sale for a short time. We are about 2k short on paying our taxes in full and should have the 2k within another month.

Thanks!

Comment

Jacko...we had the money to pay the property taxes up until about 2 weeks ago when our transmission gave out in our vehicle. Unfortunately, when it rains it pours...
        7/1/11 - 341 Meeting

Comment

Originally posted by despritfreya View Post
          The moment you filed a stay was placed on the property. The tax sale cannot happen until the stay is lifted and the property is no longer property of the estate. Make sure the County Treasurer is aware of the filing.

Des.

Agreed, Des, but the minute he files his 2K become part of the estate. He should deal with the Tax Collector as they do have ways of working with a person on payments. I see by a couple posts down, that the money went for a car repair so all is moot, and yes, when it rains it seems to poor
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

My attorney is on vacation this week and I did speak to his paralegal, but she wasn't very helpful and kept answering me as though I was trying to discharge the taxes with my BK. She really wasn't listening to me...I'm going to wait for my attorney to return on Monday to speak with him.

I'm a little confused with some of the answers I'm getting here. (I applogize, very confusing and stressful at this pt) Is there a stay on my property taxes until discharge?
            7/1/11 - 341 Meeting

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X