No announcement yet.

Need help ASAP! Failed Means test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right sunshinegal but I think the 401 May be dependent on district...i wouldn't do anything with that withiut atty...

Comment

Do you and your husband have short and long term disability insurance?

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
        Right sunshinegal but I think the 401 May be dependent on district...i wouldn't do anything with that withiut atty...
        that definitely has to be based on where you are. Out here, as long as you have been contributing prior to filing, as shown on paystubs, then you are good.
        Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
        The rebuilding begins

Comment

This is where you need to look at all of your insurance.

On your car insurance, increase it to the maximum coverage with the smallest deductible.
          Increase your life insurance, or get it if you don't have it.
          Sign up for disability insurance, you can get this on your own thru Aflac if your employer doesn't offer it.

You can easily eat up $200/mo in increased insurance premiums and it's something that you can change back after filing if need be. ;D
          Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
          0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Exactly right Momof3. (Quick comment - AFLAC only sells through groups/employers B BUT you can get short (up to 2 years) term disability thru most insurance agents that sell life ins.)

Originally posted by momofthree View Post
            This is where you need to look at all of your insurance.

On your car insurance, increase it to the maximum coverage with the smallest deductible.
            Increase your life insurance, or get it if you don't have it.
            Sign up for disability insurance, you can get this on your own thru Aflac if your employer doesn't offer it.

You can easily eat up $200/mo in increased insurance premiums and it's something that you can change back after filing if need be. ;D

Comment

maybe it's just in CA, but I have personally purchased individual policies thru Aflac, not only for me, but for my whole family--including the kids! Had it for several years.
              Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
              0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

Interesting! I think that may be a CA difference...in most states they don't and/or are not allowed to sell direct.

Comment

freddy...come on!!! avacado's have gone from 68 cents to 1.99 each!!! gas has gone up!!! can't we get those expenses up legitimately????

buy a new car????? that really does sound odd and remember we are only allowed 1k exception unless you reaffirm the car. although, let's think positively....how about one of those new electric cars that cut your gas costs??? or how about some braces for one of the kids????

ok, now...there are those like pandora and Ladyinthered that have done GREAT with 13's so post a question about who has been successful and why?????. i know i have learned so much about 13's from pandora and they are not the end of the world. actually, had i really read some of those success stories, maybe i would not have been so frighten about a 13.
                  8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

When you took the test and passed what was different than when your attorney did it? Attorneys have been known to make mistakes. You need to fully understand the difference. Good luck.

Also when he says you failed by 200-what exactly does that mean? Does that allow you to pay back 25% of your unsecured debt over 60 months? If so shrinking the 200 to something like 150 might bring you below the 25% threshold. have you looked at this angle?

Comment

Ok I'm really confused

How does increasing my auto insurance help me on the means test?

I had a neg -DMI when we did our expenses. He said I failed the means test by $200.

His only suggestions were to go out and get a title loan or a new car.

I was already denied one title loan on Friday and DH did get approved for a new car loan but it's with a 24% interest and this would be my last last resort (if needed). I really want to stay away from getting a "new" car b/c the one we have is just fine, we had it since it was brand new and has never given us any problems.

If I get term life insurance today can I still file in July?

What if I took some unpaid time off work?? My inlaws were thinking of taking a week off in 2 weeks so DH was going to us some vacation time and stay with the kids but I could take the week off unpaid at work and watch them myself.

I don't know - I'm just typing outloud..lol

I did leave a message already for my attorney to call me.
                      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

freddie..speak to atty before doing anything.

life ins...once you apply and give ins agent first mo premium policy IS Active unless ins co rejects you...which they won't.

fingers crossed for you!

Comment

Means test question:

I guess I failed b/c I was using 2 car allowance for section #22 (vehicle operation expense) I'm assuming I can only use one now b/c I only have one car payment??

Also do I list my full phone bill when it asks for telecommunication expense??

Thanks!
                          "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Freddie,

Sorry to hear about this glitch - but.... maybe if you post what you did for budgeting purposes, we can help you "eat" up the excess DMI.

Yes, list all expenses....every single thing that you pay $ for....

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
                              Freddie,

Sorry to hear about this glitch - but.... maybe if you post what you did for budgeting purposes, we can help you "eat" up the excess DMI.

Yes, list all expenses....every single thing that you pay $ for....
                              Thanks - I did have a neg - DMI for schedule I and J

It's the means test that I'm failing. Does that make a difference?

I just tried again with a title loan co and I was denied.

Comment

Freddie

I thought it applied either way.... ??

Read this and see if you have allocated everything you can think of.

Alper Law Firm assists individuals and businesses with Florida asset protection, estate planning, real estate transactions, and adoption.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X