Case closed Aug 2008, ECAST ssent letter asking for collateral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case closed Aug 2008, ECAST ssent letter asking for collateral

WE closed our no asset CHap 7 in 2008 with no objections from creditors during that time. We had two snow mobiles we bought in 2004 that we no longer had when we filed but had been paying for until hard times and we filed bk.
    Ecast sent a letter asking for collateral. Do we respond to them? They bought the debt from HSBC, but we included in bk and had debt discharged. At time of bk we explained we didn't have them anymore.

Are we liable for that debt now since we don't have the collateral? It was a puchase money security interest card.

Thanks for your help

Originally posted by kimba251 View Post
    WE closed our no asset CHap 7 in 2008 with no objections from creditors during that time. We had two snow mobiles we bought in 2004 that we no longer had when we filed but had been paying for until hard times and we filed bk.
    Ecast sent a letter asking for collateral. Do we respond to them? They bought the debt from HSBC, but we included in bk and had debt discharged. At time of bk we explained we didn't have them anymore.

Are we liable for that debt now since we don't have the collateral? It was a puchase money security interest card.

Thanks for your help
    I could be wrong, but once the debt is discharged that is the end of it. What you could do is sent this company a copy of your bk and hopefully that would end it. Debt collectors like to scare people, so keep that in mind. The experts will chime in soon.

Comment

eCast Settlement is a notorious Junk Debt Buyer that specifically purchased debt in bankruptcies. Mostly it's just the Chapter 13s or Chapter 7 asset case. If HSBC sold a debt to eCast and the collateral was already gone, then eCast should go back to HSBC for recourse. You only need to send the Discharge paperwork along with a note that the collateral was already sold/lost/destroyed. Be careful that you don't say that you sold the collateral after filing.

Just run this by your attorney for good measure.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Just mail them a copy of your discharge, along with their original letter so they know what you're talking about. No discussion or cover letter needed. If they continue with harassment contact your attorney.
        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

You are far beyond any legal recourse S.O.L. I agree that just send a copy of their letter back with a copy of your discharge. Say nothing more about it but do send it by certified mail. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X