top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need Advice -- Is It OK To Deposit Check in My Bank Account?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
    Long after our 341 we became an asset case due to preferential payments that was detected (and was done in ignorance). 'Hub
    Angelina, Can you share by what method the preferential payment was detected? Was a record of it in some of the documents you provided at your 341 when you thought you were a no asset case, and then after reviewing those documents they determined you to be an asset case?

I am trying to determine how much time a trustee takes after the 341 to determine if there are assets or not. I have seen some get a no asset report within a day or so of the 341, and others well over a month. Is there a time limit for them to declare asset case or no asset case, or do they have as much time as they want?

Comment

Filed ch7, 341 next week. Just deposited 400 in checking account to pay monthly bill such as utilities. Is there are any problem with deposit money in bank account to pay for regular bills? thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by chiwawa View Post
        Filed ch7, 341 next week. Just deposited 400 in checking account to pay monthly bill such as utilities. Is there are any problem with deposit money in bank account to pay for regular bills? thank you.
        It depends. When did you receive the money and where did it come from? If you had the money at the time you filed, did you list it as an asset?
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Money from paycheck. We under median income also passed the mean test.

Comment

Deposit it and pay your bills.
            LadyInTheRed is in the black!
            Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
            $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X