Mortgage Bill Suddenly comes up in online statement after discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage Bill Suddenly comes up in online statement after discharge

Folks, I was discharged last Oct and surrendering the house in Chap 7. The bank started the foreclosure process after receiving permission from bankruptcy court but I have not heard from the bank for almost a year and foreclosure is stuck in foreclosure mess. They stopped sending statements since bankruptcy filing

I was just checking my regular checking account with the same bank and I noticed they just posted online a huge amount of past due on my discharged mortgage account

I was wondering if someone else had this experience. My lawyer and all others agree that since discharge I owe nothing to bank and all they can do is foreclose on property. I think that this is a mistake by the bank. Any comments?

My bank never cut me off. I always had on line access to my account.
    Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
    341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
    Discharged: 11/30/2009
    Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

Are you saying that the bank (illegally) debited your checking account for the arrearages, or are you merely saying that the online access to your bank account gave a warning message that you owe the money? If they took money from your account, then you better contact your attorney ASAP, as they can't do that. If they simply displayed a warning message/billing attempt, that is probably just a mistake, as you say that your liability for this mortgage was discharged in bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by imran93 View Post
        Folks, I was discharged last Oct and surrendering the house in Chap 7. The bank started the foreclosure process after receiving permission from bankruptcy court but I have not heard from the bank for almost a year and foreclosure is stuck in foreclosure mess. They stopped sending statements since bankruptcy filing

I was just checking my regular checking account with the same bank and I noticed they just posted online a huge amount of past due on my discharged mortgage account

I was wondering if someone else had this experience. My lawyer and all others agree that since discharge I owe nothing to bank and all they can do is foreclose on property. I think that this is a mistake by the bank. Any comments?
        What you have posted seems to be pretty standard. We included our home in our Ch7 and we still get online/paper statements from WF that show the amount of the monthly payment that is due. Now in bold lettering it also states "For Informational Purposes" which is the banks way of telling us regardless of our home being included in Ch.7 that is what is due to keep the account current. If we don't pay the statements will show all kinds of payments and other fees and eventually they will foreclose. However due to the home being included in the Ch.7 we would not be liable for the mortgage debt.

So really all they are doing is letting you know how much it will take to bring the mortgage current. There is nothing against the law in doing so. Likewise there is nothing against the law in you paying any debts that were included in your BK.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X