341 on Thursday, What to bring?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 on Thursday, What to bring?

My husband is filing bk7 solely, but I will be attending the 341 with him for moral support, if allowed.

The attorney told him to bring his SS card and bank statements which showed balances as of the day he filed, May 31st.

Should he bring anything to be proactive? 6 months bank statements, etc....

What did YOU bring to your 341, and what was requested that you didn't have with you?

thanks in advance

Bring your drivers license, your ss card, and anything else that your attorney tells you to bring. Nothing more, nothing less.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I brought a complete file, didn't need one document in it.

Your husbands attorney should have anything necessary and be able to provide it. Mine did.

Be sure to have the SS card and drivers license out and ready when called to the table!
      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
      341 5/23/11
      DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

I had mine yesterday! I was told to bring my drivers license, SS Card and my last 2 paystubs.. I was filing by myself without my husband.. but they did ask me to bring his last 2 paystubs as well. But the trustee did not ask for them. But my attorney said, some do and some don't.

Comment

I brought a copy of every document as well as my drivers license and social security card. The trustee asked for my tax returns, glad I had them with me.
          Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

my attorney already had all of my other documents.. the tax returns, bank statements, etc.. so I didn't need to bring them. It depends on what you have already given your attorney. You're attorney should be able to tell you what you need to bring.
            Last edited by mhp8982; 07-06-2011, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I agree with Frogger, although in addition to his list, I would also make sure to have a copy of the petition.

As for the 341, you should be able to attend, but you probably won't be able to sit at the table with him.

Comment

Yep...driver's license, SS card and whatever the lawyer tells you to bring. Also...if you're are not sure exactly where the courthouse is that is doing the meeting then leave extra early. I got lost because there were six courthouses in this city! So of course I ended up at the wrong one! Luckily I left 2 hours early(an hour drive from my house). A guardian angel was watching over me and DH because a sweet old man had us follow him to the correct courthouse. Parking was horrible too. We walked in the courthouse with 2 minutes to spare. Our lawyer got there 5 minutes after us! lol
                Good Luck!!
                Bunny

Comment

We had ours last Friday...the Trustee checked our driver's licenses and social security cards. He asked us a couple questions, but that was it. He didn't need any bank statements or anything like that. Be sure to bring what your attorney recommends, he knows the trustee better than anyone.
                  5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
                  7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
                  9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

curious to why some trustees asked you guys for bank statements?
                    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                    The rebuilding begins

Comment

Trustees ask for the last two pay stubs to cross-check stated income on the filing. They are looking for undisclosed dollars.
                      I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice nor a statement of the law - only a lawyer can provide those.

06/01/06 - Filed Ch 13
                      06/28/06 - 341 Meeting
                      07/18/06 - Confirmation Hearing - not confirmed, 3 objections
                      10/05/06 - Hearing to resolve 2 trustee objections
                      01/24/07 - Judge dismisses mortgage company objection
                      09/27/07 - Confirmed at last!
                      06/10/11 - Trustee confirms all payments made
                      08/10/11 - DISCHARGED !

10/02/11 - CASE CLOSED
                      Countdown: 60 months paid, 0 months to go

Comment

Well, we're ready. Bringing just what the attorney told us to bring, SS Card, Drivers License, and pre-discharge counseling certificate. He does have copies of everything else imaginable.

NOW I'm nervous.

Comment

You'll be fine! The worst part of the 341 is the waiting, it will be over before you know it.

Comment

Bring only what you were told to bring, nothing else.

We were told to bring our DLs, SS cards, and a copy of our Marriage License. When we tried to give the copy of our Marriage License to the trustee, he said he didn't need it. Well he did, because the lack of it in our file held up our Discharge.

Good luck to you today. The above bit of advice is probably academic now...
                            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X