How do I get my non asset case closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get my non asset case closed?

Filed Ch7 In Jan 2010 and non asset case discharged May 5,2010. so how do I get the case closed? I used an attorney,so should I call him to have it done? Still only working part time and collecting social security. Thank you

It will close, just be patient.

Comment

Usually a non asset case closes the same time it is discharged and if it did not I would call to find out if there is a reason why. Are you certain it is not closed?

The discharge is what you are really after. The closing is more administrative but I do understand why you would want it closed - so you can be done.

Comment

I would contact the Clerk of the Court and simply ask why the case hasn't closed. It could be for some other "administrative" reason, such as your certificate of financial management not being filed. You could also ask your attorney, but a no asset case should close with ALL DUE HASTE.

Unless you mis-typed the date... a no-asset Chapter 7 case should not take over 400 days to close.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X