top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacer entry "Order that this case is not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1)" ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacer entry "Order that this case is not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1)" ???

Got my "Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution" on 7/7/11, and then on 7/8/11 got Pacer entry of:

"Order that this case is not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1)"

Dunno what that means...

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanx!

It means that all the paperwork has been provided. It is a "technicality" under 11 USC 521 that all appropriate forms and schedules are filed within so many days of the initial petition. The Clerk's office sets a tickler to double check that all papers have been filed. If they are all filed, then the Court must issue and file an Order indicating that the Debtor is in compliance with the terms in 11 USC 521.

In other words... you are good to go. However, this does not mean that you are entitled to a discharge, or that you will receive one. It is purely an administrative step.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Whew, thanx!

I think I'm going to stop sweating over Pacer entries and wait to get the paper letters in the mail from my attorney and the bankruptcy court.

Comment

Yes, please don't become a PACER-holic!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X