Re-establishing contact with car loan creditor after re-affirmation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-establishing contact with car loan creditor after re-affirmation

I reaffirmed my loan with Toyota financial since I have quite a bit of equity in my corolla and I plan on keeping it, even paying it off this year. So, since they locked me out of their system and haven't sent me bills I just keep sending them a check with a copy of an old outdated payment statement. I signed my reaffirmation at my 341 a few weeks ago so by now it is entered and Toyota financial has it. Should I call and try to re-establish them sending me bills and internet access or do I have to wait for discharge?

Thanks

Normal procedure for Toyota is to start sending billing statements once the reaff is approved. If you ask Toyota to resume billing now it may honor the request. No harm in asking.

Des.

Comment

I had the same situation with a different lender and they stated that they specifically could not start sending me billing information until after I was discharged.... unless I sent them a letter stating that I understood that I was still under bk and requested the contact. Statements started coming within a few days.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

I made contact with them by phone yesterday, I was told they won't start billing again until after discharge unfortunately, but they did say they will start reporting again so that is some good news. They filed the paperwork with the court yesterday and is showing on pacer. So I will just keep paying the old fashioned way for now I suppose.

Comment

Probably overkill, but it never hurts to keep proof of your payments (canceled checks, etc) just in case. Plenty of people have had to prove their intent to pay after a creditor muffed the paperwork. Believe me, the left hand doesn't always know what the right hand is doing at (fill this space with whatever creditor you wish).

Post-BK reporting is a Good Thing. Make sure to check your credit report 1-2 months after closing your BK to ensure it is correct.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X