Filed pro se today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed pro se today

I finally filed today. It was fairly painless and the clerk was soo nice and encouraging. So much can happen at this point. May lose the car. Truthfully I don't care anymore. Material things are no longer worth my peace of mind. I had been holding on to my paperwork for 2 months. Trying to find every other solution. Meanwhile, the divorce is getting sticky and child support payments owed to me are well into the arrears. I give!

The only issue is the landlord and if they will rent to me again next year come lease time. At this point I can't worry about that either. Just want to keep feeding my kids and keep a roof over our heads. We will make it...by grace.

First of all, VERY best wishes to you!!!!

One thing I will tell you - as long as you're on time with the rent, the landlord a) won't know you've filed (they don't go on the mailing matrix unless you owe them BACK rent basically) b) won't care when it comes time for renewal. Most landlords don't pull credit if you're renewing a lease. It's FAR cheaper to keep a good tenant then to get a new one!!!!

Comment

I was under the impression that if you filed and listed your security deposit as well as statment of intent that they would be notified. If they are not I would jump for freaking joy!

Comment

Originally posted by Movingon2010 View Post
        I was under the impression that if you filed and listed your security deposit as well as statment of intent that they would be notified. If they are not I would jump for freaking joy!
        If you did NOT list them on your MAILING MATRIX as creditors to get notice from the court - like you listed...say BANKSTER BANK CREDIT CARD, etc. - then they (and others will correct me if I'm wrong) will NOT get notified.

I have a $100 deposit with cable co, listed on the $100 deposit on spouse's filing BUT they're not a creditor so they didn't get notified.

Comment

I did not list them on my mailing matrix....this could be a VERY good thing. I pray you are correct!

Comment

Originally posted by Movingon2010 View Post
            I did not list them on my mailing matrix....this could be a VERY good thing. I pray you are correct!
            If you did NOT list them on your mailing matrix, then they will NOT get the notice from the court. Again others will correct me if I'm wrong, but I am 99.99% certain. In fact, I've read here on this forum that sometimes people forget to put SCUMBAG COLLECTION AGENCY X on the matrix, so the collection agency didn't get notice, etc.

So - I think you can relax on this one!!!

And by Monday (Tuesday maybe at the latest) you can double-check on PACER.
            (And yes - my name is Iamold - and I am...a PACER-holic :-)

Comment

Awesome! This means the only person who I am going to severly piss off is my soon to be ex.... :-) This day just got a whole lot better.
              I will let you know if they were notified or not next week :-)

Comment

Regardless of notification, you should be just fine with your rental. Congratulations on filing. Keep us up to date when you get to your 341 Meeting and subsequent discharge.
                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X