Did I make a fatal error?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I make a fatal error?

Really need your help on this one, guys. I was reviewing all my information before I send it to the trustee (I filed Chp. 7 pro se) and realized that on my Statement of Financial Affairs, I did not list my parents' address as a place I lived in the last three years. I didn't because 3 years ago I was in college - I listed my address at college. However, some of my documentation has my parents' address on it. Am I completely screwed?? Is there any way to change the address? Thank you so much for any answers!

Definitely not a fatal error. You can file an amendment if necessary.

Question 15 of the statement of financial affairs says:

If debtor has moved within three years immediately preceding the commencement of this case, list all premises which the debtor occupied during that period and vacated prior to the commencement of this case. If a joint petition is filed, report also any separate address of either spouse.
    It sounds like you used your parents' address as a mailing address. If you didn't actually live at your parents' house, it doesn't read to me that you have to list it on the statement of financial affairs.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

I filed pro se so I'm not sure exactly how to file an amendment?

Comment

Originally posted by worldgirl28 View Post
        I filed pro se so I'm not sure exactly how to file an amendment?
        You would correct the one section form B7 (SoFA) and take back to the court, my local court had a one page amended form that was in word that I filed out stating what was corrected. Check your state's website it might be downloadable from there. At the court they will time stamp it, they will scan it and add it to the filing. Bring two copies in case they keep originals then add that time stamped copy to the copies that will go to the trustee. It's pretty easy, didn't have to amend B7 so I don't know if there is a fee like if you amend the mailing matrix.

Good luck.
        Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X