top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ford Motor Credit; we do not negotiate redemptions on our car loans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ford Motor Credit; we do not negotiate redemptions on our car loans...

Called FMC to discuss a redemption car loan with them and was told that Ford Motor Credit does not do redemptions on their car loans. I had hoped to keep my car but redeem it at less than what is owed but it seems impossibly hard to accomplish.

My lawyer says that if he files a motion to redeem, it is not likely that the BK court will actually cut the loan down from its $21K balance to something like the $16K I think the car is worth. However, this does not seem to match other information I have found on this forum that seems to say that I may be able to do just that and shave the negative equity off of my car loan via redemption.

I'm frustrated because I do not want to reaffirm negative equity in my car loan but I must have this type of vehicle that is perfect for my work in many ways.

Could my lawyer be mistaken? Guy is a rockstar in most things, so I want to go with the flow but I also planned on only keeping one debt out of all my debts and this car is that debt.

This post is my last hope for keeping my vehicle, I could use any and all ideas to make the redemption a reality. At the same time, I am prepared to let this car go, I am simply stuck needing a car like this for my work... ug. Ideas? Thoughts? Buehler? :o)
    Filed Chapter 7 7/14/2011, 341 meeting 8/16/2011, discharged 10/19/2011! Note that my posts are not legal advice, so please do not sue me, I have enough problems already.

I think you are looking for a 722 Redemption. They tend to be at pretty high rates but you can refi later. Try a search for the term, or perhaps one of the experts will chime in on this.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Originally posted by PushRestart View Post
      My lawyer says that if he files a motion to redeem, it is not likely that the BK court will actually cut the loan down from its $21K balance to something like the $16K I think the car is worth. However, this does not seem to match other information I have found on this forum that seems to say that I may be able to do just that and shave the negative equity off of my car loan via redemption.
      Your attny is correct in the sense that FMC will respond to the Motion and assert that the vehicle is worth substantially more. You will then have to litigate the value. The legal fees you will incur will be higher than any savings you think you will get with a redemption. Your attny is politely telling you that you are wasting his time and YOUR money.

If you really believe the vehicle is worth so little, let it go and finance another one. There are many posts on this forum about successful financing after bk.

Des.

Comment

I have read here that Ford is difficult to work with. Here is a thread that quickly explains it all. You will have to make a lump sum payment and have permission to get that loan from the Courts. http://www.socaladvocates.com/722-re...ankruptcy.html

'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Grats on your 1500th post, Des. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
            Grats on your 1500th post, Des. 'Hub
            Just shows that I spend way too much time dealing with bk matters (work & home). I need a life!

Des.

Now it's 1501

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X