Post Discharge Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post Discharge Questions

My chapter 7 is discharged and closed. On my SOI, I checked "retain" as to my car, but later decided that it was not going to be wise to try to keep it. I figured the bank would come get it once the automatic stay lifted on day 45, but it's gone past discharge and close, and I've not heard a word from the bank. Should I call them?

Also, does anyone know when I will be contacted about my student loan, or should I contact them? Was orginally in a chapter 13 and student loan payments were included in the 13, but then converted to a 7.

Thanks!

Did you sign a reaffirmation agreement at any point?
    Last edited by MSbklawyer; 08-06-2011, 08:02 AM.
    Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dj1995 View Post
      My chapter 7 is discharged and closed. On my SOI, I checked "retain" as to my car, but later decided that it was not going to be wise to try to keep it. . . I've not heard a word from the bank. Should I call them?
      If you want to be the nice guy, yes. If you want to use the vehicle until the bank wakes up, no. But. . . so long as you have possession you should keep the vehicle fully insured.

Originally posted by Dj1995 View Post
      does anyone know when I will be contacted about my student loan, or should I contact them?
      It could take a lot of time for the creditor to wake up. Interest is constantly running so you should make the first move.

Des.

Comment

I did not sign a reaffirmation at all on the car, and yes, am keeping it fully insured.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X