top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long after discharge date did you receive papers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long after discharge date did you receive papers?

OK...my discharge will be next Tuesday, Aug. 16th. My house is in foreclosure and went to auction this past Monday. I'm not sure when to be out but I know I may have a little time, hopefully! Now my dilemma...I have a place to rent and target date to move in will be the following Friday, Aug. 19th. How long does it usually take to receive the discharge papers? I will be cutting it very close because the landlord needs the discharge before I get any keys. Anyone been in this dilemma or could anyone tell me how long it took to get their discharge papers?
    Thanks, Bunny

You should get your papers in the mail within a day or two of seeing it posted on PACER.

Now, having said that, you seem to be depending that the discharge will happen on Day 61. You are wrong to count on that, as every state and district is different as to how tey handle these things. Also, your district may be more backed-up in BK cases, than some other district is.

Good wishes to you.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hi---mzbunny---and I'm in Virginia too---and I received
      these papers five days after I was discharged---but like
      AC said---the time can vary---although Virginia doesn't
      seem to be as backed up as other states---and if I may
      ask---did you do your 341 in Virginia Eastern District---Alexandria?

Comment

Well, I will pray that the courts are not too backed up. I just hope that the landlord is willing to wait a little longer if needed. I have a deposit down holding the place. Feelingnutsy, I am in the Western District, I had my 341 in Charlottesville.

Comment

mzbunny26

Don't forget you can save the PDF copy from PACER and print those from home it also doesn't hurt to have an electronic copy saved.

Good luck and hope you have a stressless move.
          Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Originally posted by DesdemonaB View Post
            mzbunny26

Don't forget you can save the PDF copy from PACER and print those from home it also doesn't hurt to have an electronic copy saved.

Good luck and hope you have a stressless move.
            That's right. When you're discharged, just print it out!
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Did you have to disclose to him that info??

Comment

I went on Pacer and I can't get in past the log-in screen. I have tried everything I can think of to allow cookies from this website. For some reason it just won't let me in. Keep getting an error message. I may call them later. So frustrating!
                rustymich, the landlord did a credit check and there was still a delinquint account on there, of which my lawyer said that would be gone when the discharge is final, I had to tell them so they would understand. To get in to the townhouse I need a discharge document.

Comment

They wanna make sure you don't include them in your backruptcy so early in the lease. LOL. Good luck mzbunny. By the way, weren't you supposed to stay in your house and save up some more money?
                  Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Drowning...lol, yep that was the plan. BUT I guess someone else had another idea in mind! lol Thanks for your kindness.

Comment

Gotcha.
                      Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

we rec'd both the order of discharge and close on day 63. both orders came together, although, from what i have read on the forum that does not happen all the time. sometimes you may receive the order of discharge and then the order or the close up to weeks and maybe a month or two later...so don't panic if they don't come together.

best of luck!
                        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X