Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well sadly I did not win...LOL

I'll keep on dreaming.
    "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
      Actually, wouldn't Freddy get to keep it since she purchased the ticket AFTER she filed her Chapter 7??

From: http://methnerlaw.com/2009/10/16/the...in-bankruptcy/

The poor poster here who won the Lottery back in January did have to pay her BK back - but she had filed a Chapter 13.

Good luck Freddy!!
      You're right, because she filed a 7. I didn't look at that hard enough before I made my statement. If it was a 13, then it would be a change in income that would need to be reported to the trustee, however in a 7, it's too late baby......
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel73L View Post
        ... When I was a kid some people down the street from me won the lottery-not one of the $300 million dollar multi-state deals, but the regular state lottery, I think it was something like $5 million. They still live down the street from my parents in the same house (it looks a lot nicer now) and the father still runs his contracting business, but he was able to go from just him, his truck, and some tools, to a full service remodeling outfit with a small crew, a couple of trucks, etc...it probably helped that the guy was a business owner from the get-go.
        I wouldnt even need 5 mil - I'd be happy with the house just being paid off and a little left over to help my family along with those in need in our community. Thats how we'd be *points up* - just regular peeps...house renovated by others vs. us, kids set up w/ pre-nups, college paid for, trust funds set for life w/annunities - and the only luxury items I'd want is a house in the Outerbanks of NC and a mobile home to tour the US and visit all the places I'd like to see before I die. That's it... I'd keep our current house we have as its very special to us, not to mention the blood, sweat and tears that we've put into it over the past 4+ years. Who in the hell needs a house with 7-12K sq.ft and 8 bathrooms?! Not me..no sir! I have enough on my hands keeping this house clean and to add another 5-10K sq ft to that cleaning...no thank you!

Of course, the vultures would come out of the woodwork, naturally... but I'm pretty damn good at saying No (not to mention the big ass gun that would help re-enforce it) ROFL!

Comment

Pandora, you're too funny. LOL.
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
            OMG, Pandora! I was watching a marathon of that on Saturday. LOL! I went out and bought some tickets. Didn't win jack. LOL.
            LOL! Wasnt that show something? *shakes head* I can definitely think of better things to spend my money on than kangaroos and toys *eye roll* Hell, I was happy with hubby winning $220 on a few $2 scratcher tickets! You'd have thought I was Julie Andrews in The Sound of Music for pete's sake!

Comment

Originally posted by frogger View Post
              You're right, because she filed a 7. I didn't look at that hard enough before I made my statement. If it was a 13, then it would be a change in income that would need to be reported to the trustee, however in a 7, it's too late baby......
              Ok... I am blaming YOU for this being in my head all dang day....

I keeed, I keeeeeeed!!
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

How funny was the couple that's fighting the IRS because they owe taxes on interest? LOL.
                Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

OMG Vale... now you've done it... we're gonna be a duo all day long

Cheezits...

Comment

I'm with Pandora - I used to buy a lottery ticket that would win $100K and the Powerball...now since spouse is in 13, I do not buy the $100K tickets any more because it would just be sucked up by the 13.

So I buy MegaMillions and Powerball.

No luck so far...but I can hope :-)

I actually usually don't check the numbers for weeks...why? Because until I check I still could have won!

Dream splurge - house in Curacao, and...well...a BWM 7 series with manual gearbox, and I think that's pretty much it. Of course make sure kids have eenough in trust for the rest of their lives, #1. #2, pay off mort etc. #3, Dream splurge for spouse OF COURSE!!!, #4 dream splurge Curacao.

Comment

My dream splurge would be just to have enough for the oldest kid to attend medical school with out student loans.
                      "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!" Ch 7 Filed 7/15/11 * 3 Minute 341 8/19/11 * Discharged 10/20/11

Comment

Originally posted by Freddy03 View Post
                        My dream splurge would be just to have enough for the oldest kid to attend medical school with out student loans.
                        Agreed!!!

Comment

I'd buy an island and a boat. I want no neighbors. I'd be on the Internet talking all day to you guys, though. LOL. I'd use the boat to get to the main land for my food shopping and such.
                          Last edited by drowning123; 08-11-2011, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by drowning123 View Post
                            I'd buy an island and a boat. I want no neighbors. I'd be on the Internet talking all day to you guys, though. LOL. I'd use the boat to get to the main land for my food shopping and such.
                            I have a similar idea in some respects. I'd purchase about 500 acres of wooded land and stick my house right in the middle of it. Nothing overly large-maybe 2500 SF, but we'd use "superinsulation" building practices (R-80 roof/R-50 walls, special attention paid to air leakage, etc...) which results in a house that takes very little energy to heat and cool. Wood gasification boiler for heat and hot water (that's where the 500 acres of forest would come in handy) with a propane backup, a solar array large enough to supply all electrical power needs, and ground source geo-thermal cooling in the summer. With well and septic we'd be completely off grid and free of any utility bills. The woodland would also supply venison, turkey, and small game meat, but we could also raise domesticated turkeys, chickens, and maybe some hogs. My "job" would basically be to run the farm and supply the heat, power, and food for my family. I can't think of a better "work from home" arrangement!

Comment

i definitely like this too...

Originally posted by Diesel73L View Post
                              I have a similar idea in some respects. I'd purchase about 500 acres of wooded land and stick my house right in the middle of it. Nothing overly large-maybe 2500 SF, but we'd use "superinsulation" building practices (R-80 roof/R-50 walls, special attention paid to air leakage, etc...) which results in a house that takes very little energy to heat and cool. Wood gasification boiler for heat and hot water (that's where the 500 acres of forest would come in handy) with a propane backup, a solar array large enough to supply all electrical power needs, and ground source geo-thermal cooling in the summer. With well and septic we'd be completely off grid and free of any utility bills. The woodland would also supply venison, turkey, and small game meat, but we could also raise domesticated turkeys, chickens, and maybe some hogs. My "job" would basically be to run the farm and supply the heat, power, and food for my family. I can't think of a better "work from home" arrangement!

Comment

I would buy my own neighborhood - and only 'import' my friends and acquaintances who would be neighbors that I would like. LOLOL
                                ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                                Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X