Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOW my lawyer talks to me for 30 mins!

Good day,

SO, as I ve posted, I got my PACER notification (well you know what I mean - I checked PACER) that I was discharged yesterday. Still havent rec'd the actual paperwork yet...

But, I had sent my lawyer an email earlier this week asking him the usual timeframe in our district for discharge after the 60 day period, then how soon for closing afterwards, and a couple of other minor questions. He of course didnt answer.....actually he hasnt been TOO bad in the communication department throughout, but not great either.

SO, even though I got my own news on the discharge, I called him this morning about the other questions and informed HIM that I was discharged. He hadnt been notified yet..and I started asking him my other questions. He also was VERY surprised I knew it was no asset etc. already via PACER. Apparently he was unaware that anybody can access PACER.

At first he was his normal "be done with this" mode...he did say that on my vehicle reaffirmation that since he signed it, there is no need for the BK judge to approve it for it to become "reaffirmed" officially. Im not sure that is correct, but whatever...Im going to keep the car and will be able to make the payments.

Anyway, as part of our conversation I mentioned that during this process the Trustee's attorney's assistant contacted me directly while investigating the liens on my vehicles. THIS got his attention....he says that should never have happened since I was represented etc...he wasnt mad at me....but was mad at the other atty's office for bypassing him!

Well, my point of this post was just to laugh that now at the END of my case he spends more time with me than during the entire process! But, he did help when absolutely needed, and my case ended up being finished well in the end, so I wont complain too much.

Honestly, not surprising!!!

Comment

If your attorney signs your reaffirmation and the presumption of hardship box is not checked... then it is considered reaffirmed upon filing with the court! Interesting that your attorney found it shocking that they let "anyone" use PACER!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X