no discharge due to attorney not filing financila certificate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no discharge due to attorney not filing financila certificate

I have been waiting since my 341 meeting on 5-17-11, for any info on my case on pacer. I finally noticed that on 8-15-11, that there was a denial of the discharge because my attorney failed to file the financial management course cert.(completed on 4-23-11) & that I had 14 days to file it. The attorney filed it the same day, and they say that there is nothing to worry about, that the discharge should be granted after the courts receive the certificate. does anyone have any feedback on this issue??? also, I have some vacant land that the trustee stated that they may sell, if there is any value that they think they may get, or abandon it back to us. My question is, how much time from the 341 meeting will it take for us to know the intention of the trustee? My attorney said they we could call the trustee, but I don't want to throw up any red flags on it, is there a time frame limit on the time a trustee can decide on deciding if there is any value to the ssets?

Call your caseworker at the BK courthouse, and ask if the certificate got put in your file. If necessary, tell them that your attorney dropped the ball in the first place, and now is telling you 'not to worry', but after this experience, you want to double-check on your own.

If the certificate is still not there, ask if you can email a copy to them? We had to provide a copy of our Marriage License, and this is how we handled it. Our attorney was a *tiny* bit more helpful.
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

how do I know who my caseworker is? it states the judge and I know who the trustee but how do find out who the caseworker is/

Comment

Sorry if I skipped a few steps... Call the clerk of the BK Court. Have your case number handy, as your number determines who is assigned to your case, then you should be connected with that person.

Some district websites are sophisticated enough that this information can be found online, but not all of them are.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

If the certificate was filed, it should show up on Pacer.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X