top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After filing chap7, Wells-fargo changes mortgage address, refuses payments at branch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After filing chap7, Wells-fargo changes mortgage address, refuses payments at branch

Hello,

I recently filed chapter 7 BK. when I headed down to the local wells-fargo branch to pay my mortgage, like i do every month, they refused to take the payment. My mortgage was originally with wachovia but was acquired by wells. After calling them (recorded) they told me that i could no longer pay at the branch and that the address that is on my statement from them (issued after they knew of the BK) would no longer accept payments either!?!?!?

I somehow doubt the legality of all this, since it is their legal duty to give me an accurate address for payment. It would seem the only reason for this is to harass and defraud people into missing their mortgage payments. Does anyone have experience with this sort of behavior?

P.S. they refused to reaffirm the debt in the BK, it tried to...

Thanks for your help!

Ask for their bankruptcy division. The regular tellers can't take a payment, but their bankruptcy division has to.
    My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

Very strange, so far we have had no problem paying our first or our HELCO through WF. The teller accepts the payment without a pause.

Comment

yeah its all very strange and troubling... has anyone else had a similar experience? The most troubling thing of all is that they have never given any notice whatsoever to these changes!

Comment

Were you late on the payment???? As in, is the home in foreclosure???
          My kids better not put my FICO score on my headstone~ (quote by dspii)

Comment

nope, never missed a payment EVER...

Comment

Many here have reported being unable to pay their mortgage at a local branch after filing BK and having a new payment address. Many banks also terminate online access to the account. Call Wells Fargo's bankruptcy department for a payment address.

ETA: I found this on another website:

Wells Fargo Bankruptcy Department Phone Number
              (800) 678-7986
              Hours M-F 7am to 4 pm Central Time.
              LadyInTheRed is in the black!
              Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
              $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X