This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto what AC said.
    Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

and ditto what d123 said...

Comment

A ditto to the ditto to the ditto.
        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

LOL! I missed all a y'all!
          Filed August 20 341 on September 23 Report of No Distribution - September 24 Case Discharged and Closed on November 23!!!

Comment

chiming in

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

chiming in
              Filled 5-2010
              7-2010 341 Meeting (Chapter 7 No Asset)
              8-2010 Discharged/Case closed!

Comment

Thank You God forthis forum and wonderful people. Amen I always took care of the bills I feel deep blame like you. She will come around. My husband knew, he just didn't know how bad it was. He thought I was just talk when I said we were in debt. It was a eye opener for him, after all he helped make the debt and decisions too. Deep down I know it will be ok. The only one that know are my kids, I am asshamed embarresed to tell anyone, thats why this sight is so nice. Cause I know I am not alone. YOU ARE NOT ALONE! YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Comment

Hey guys. What's up?!?!? It's good to be back. I've been busy interviewing lawyers these past two weeks. I'm still alive and feeling good about this "business decision" for my family. My wife has not only come back but is grateful that I came forward and shocked I carried all this stress by myself this long. We have sat down and prioritized our wants and needs list. I have also been offered a job that doubles our current salary and pays for insurance. Amazing how freeing this can be for your confidence and mind.

I plan on deciding on an attorney by the end of this week. Anyone in Utah have someone they would suggest?

Thanks for all the thoughts and kind words. Feels good to be back on the forum and in life.

"If you don't design your own life plan, chances are you'll fall into someone else's plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much."

Comment

Hi BG. This is such GREAT news for you and your family. All of you are starting to heal now. Congratulations!
                    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks cat

Comment

Glad you are on track. As your attorney interviews will likely tell you, timing can make all the difference in the world when it comes to the Means Test, filing, and all the rest. Since your financial situation seems pretty fluid, I'd make doubly sure that the attorneys you speak with have your best interests in mind, and that you follow their instructions explicitly. BK is a huge decision, and it does have its penalties - but a fresh start with all the right pieces in place can be among the greatest gifts you could ever get. We are here to help sort that out so you can make a clear-headed decision.

As an aside, my wife was also very shocked and angry that I had "allowed" our situation to get so deep in the mud. It wasn't until after we had several long (loud) discussions that she came to realize that I had simply tried to shield her from the concerns and worries that I had about our finances. Lesson learned, for both of us. And now we have the ability to live on one income, have almost a full year's living expenses in the bank, have restarted our retirement savings, and really enjoy some of the simple things we had left behind...like the park (instead of the nightclub) and the swing in the back yard (instead of the theater).

Life gets better. Just plan it right.

Comment

blackgoose, welcome back. I'm glad that you are able to reconcile your life and your finances. Keep up the good work and ask as many questions as you like!
                          Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                          Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I am so happy for you! I'm glad that things are working out for you. Congrats on the new job. Love the quote about someone else's plan. I might steal it and put it on my Facebook page.
                            Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

So glad to hear things are progressing and your wife has come around! I am also really glad the site is back up, I was having BKforum withdrawls!

Comment

Hey 'goose, thanks for checking in. I bet this bk decision has brought you and your wife much closer. I truly wish you all the best. It sounds like there's a bright future ahead.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X