No announcement yet.

Did I mess up? I reaffirmed my apartment lease and my AT&T iPhone 4 contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did I mess up? I reaffirmed my apartment lease and my AT&T iPhone 4 contract

I will have my 341 meeting tomorrow, and as I read Nolo Law book for Chapter 7 and I noticed that I may have another hearing after 341 for anything I reaffirm. I thought, "Uh oh", should I have not reaffirmed anything? It's just these two things: apartment lease until next July (I am current on that) and AT&T iPhone 4 contract until next July (also current).

Should I file an amendment and remove them and mark Schedule G as None?

If you want to stay in the apartment and keep your cell service, keep it as is. One ques, did you tell your landlord about your filing prior?
    Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
    The rebuilding begins

Comment

Those are both "unexpired executory contracts" so long as they are not "expired" or on month to month. I don't know how you reaffirmed a contract, since you can't do that in bankruptcy. You can, however, "assume" (keep) or "reject" (cancel) an executory contract in Bankruptcy. Generally speaking, the only time that you need to do anything, is when you want to reject the contract.

Most will list the Lease (executory contract) on Schedule G, and not include the landlord on the mailing matrix. Just continue paying, and you're fine.
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Thanks! My 341 went well! No asset.

Comment

Originally posted by marvmiller View Post
          Thanks! My 341 went well! No asset.
          GREAT TO HEAR!!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Woo Hoo! Sounds like you are the newest member of the 60 Day Club!! Congrats!!
            ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
            Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X