Photos of Furniture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Photos of Furniture?

Did anyone have to provide photos of their furniture?

That's a NO here
    filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
    "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Nope. But, if you are in the middle district of Florida, your trustee is known for being pretty aggressive about making sure he agrees with your valuation of your personal property.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Ladyinred isn't kidding, lol. But, even when the appraiser came out he didn't have a camera. If it helps any, they are looking for expensive furniture, think Robb & Stucky - dressers with dove tailed drawers, etc... they could care less about Rooms to Go stuff.

Comment

Just to be sure - you are saying someone came to your house to inspect it? Do they make an appointment in advance, or just knock at your door un-announced? thanks

Comment

Also, funny you mention Rooms to Go -- that is exactly where I bought from...

Comment

Oh wow. Not out here in CA. My stuff is all from Ikea, so they would have been more than welcome to come take a look!

Comment

Originally posted by MBeach222 View Post
                Just to be sure - you are saying someone came to your house to inspect it? Do they make an appointment in advance, or just knock at your door un-announced? thanks
                Yep, drew the personal property appraisal card, lol. The guy was very nice, called first to make an appointment, and was willing to work with our schedule.

Comment

Did he go through all of your drawers and closets, or did he take a quick walk through noting the major furniture items?

Comment

I've thought about just voluntarily bringing photos to my 341. My husband bought most of our furniture at Goodwill more than eight years ago, before we got married, and now our toddler has added his own personal touch to it. If the trustee wants it, he can have it.
                    Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
                    Discharged! June 28, 2012
                    Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by lotsahats View Post
                      I've thought about just voluntarily bringing photos to my 341. My husband bought most of our furniture at Goodwill more than eight years ago, before we got married, and now our toddler has added his own personal touch to it. If the trustee wants it, he can have it.
                      Don't offer anything you aren't asked for.
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Here in Washington, the exemption is $6500 for a single person and $13000 for a marriage couple. Hopefully not to many people would go beyond these amounts as use furniture is not worth much. Not to mention the fact that they would have to haul it off, store it, sell it and pay you your exemtpion for it.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
                          Don't offer anything you aren't asked for.
                          Duly noted. It's just, in my area, they ask you to price your furniture as though you were having a yard sale. I'm sure the trustee will question why I put such a low value on all my stuff.
                          Filed Chapter 7: March 19, 2012
                          Discharged! June 28, 2012
                          Closed! August 8, 2012

Comment

We are in another state and were told the same thing. Price your possessions at what you would get if they were in a yard sale. Our cars were priced for a quick sale by CARMAX. When we added it all up it was somewhat sad how little we owned, dollar wise at least. But we got over that pretty fast. The trustee is not looking for the nickel and dime stuff, but for the luxury stuff, big cars, art, jewelry, etc. If you have your engagement ring appraised for sale, you will learn how much markup is on jewelry.

LadyInTheRed is correct. We were told by our attorney not to bring anything to the 341 meeting. He would bring a clean copy of the petition and anything the trustee requested. We had given copies of all pay stubs, bank statement, tax forms etc to the attorney so he had everything. We even had pictures of broken items that we had to fix with the 2010 tax returns in case we were questioned about how the money was spent. But we brought nothing to the 341 that was not requested. As long as your petition is complete and honest you have fulfilled your legal obligation to supply information to the trustee unless they ask for something more .
                            Chap 7 Non-consumer --Realized headed for bankruptcy Nov 2010 --Started planning BK7 Spring 2011 -- Filed Sept 2011 -- 341 & Continued 341 Meetings Nov 2011 --No Asset Case Nov 2011 --Discharged Jan 2012 --Closed Feb 2012

Comment

Originally posted by GIn View Post
                              Did he go through all of your drawers and closets, or did he take a quick walk through noting the major furniture items?
                              I would hope not. I would have a big problem if someone requested to do this without a search warrant.
                              Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X