Choosing the right lawyer for the job?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing the right lawyer for the job?

I wanted to get any ideas of what other people are doing. I'm sure I can check on his licenses etc but I have been told

Been told what?
    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Keep going to the "free" consults until you feel comfortable with the person sitting in front of you. We had a list of questions with us and watched for things like; did he/she focus his attention on us during the consult, how many times did he "take" a phone call during the consult, did he use email as a form of communication and what is the turn around time for answers (I then tested him with an email when we got home), what district does he work in (different districts are more debtor friendly than others so do your research), how long has he been practicing BK, what are the fees and what does that include etc. This is a life changing event for you so put effort in finding someone that will be there for you and your best interest. Its worth the effort up front and the preparation. Good Luck.

Comment

we interviewed at least 5 before going with one. the firm wasn't the cheapest or most expensive, it was the one we felt the most comfortable with. for us it was the right choice. the firm was great. however, some we interviewed, right for the moment they opened their mouths we knew they were not for us. so, i think it's a personal decision and to me, the most important thing, is you need to feel as comfortable with that person as possible during this most "uncomfortable" time.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X