Discharged and closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discharged and closed?

How long does it take for a case to be closed and what is the process that needs to be taken?

Closing a case is at the discretion of the Trustee. If it's an asset case the trustee is "in process" of liquidating the assets to pay creditors. If it's a no asset case it's an administrative process which can vary Trustee to Trustee... Meaning some are quick and some are not.

Comment

There was about a month between my dicharage and closing.
      5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
      7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
      9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

we were an no asset 7, our discharge and closed orders both came in the same envelope from the court. however, if you were an asset case it could take quite a while depending on how the trustee is handling the assets.

if you are a no asset case, i have heard some take as much as 6 months between the discharge order and the close order. why? no clue? maybe the courts are backed up.

i also would give your atty a call and see if they know of any others having problems getting there closed order. usually the bk firms have some "inside" information on what's not only going on with your case, but also what's happening the court system they work with daily. your atty should have also been advised by now, if there were any problems with your case, so a call to their office may be in order and may help you get further information on what's happening.

best of luck! i'm sure you'll hear something soon.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I was worried that about the "Closed" status but ours was discharged and closed the same day.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X