341 Meeting...Check!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting...Check!

I'm so glad to have this over. We arrived about 30 minutes early just to watch and observe. For some, it went by relatively fast. For others who had errors and paperwork missing, it lasted longer. You could definitely tell who had done their research and taken the time to get everything right. For this reason, I am glad we have a very thorough lawyer.

Ours lasted less than 5 minutes. She asked the standard questions. The only other question she asked was what we thought our house was worth. On the tax documents, it says $208,000. We had it appraised last month for $180,000. We owe $160,000 and have a $40,000 exemption. She had our appraisal in front of her and asked if she could keep it. I hope that she accepts the appraisal. We were told to bring in our bank statements for the month we filed. I gave them to her, and she gave them back and told me she didn't need them.

So I guess now, it's just a waiting game. I was stressing too much about this meeting. It turned out to be relatively painless. I am grateful for this board and all the threads I have been able to read to prepare for this process. I hope these next few months go by fast. I am so ready to start over!

Congrats on making it thru the next step.
    Remember that not only would the house need to be priced for quick sale- the tt would need to make any missing payments- but there are also realtor and other fees involved.
    So chances are, you should be ok with the appraisal.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Congratulations. Our 341 was relatively painless because, like you, we stressed out and did our home work. You were prepared and had a good lawyer and it made all the difference. If you hadn't stressed out things could have gone bad for you at the 341. There are example of that in this forum. Like us it is now a waiting game. Best of luck.
      Lawyer - $3000
      Filing fee - $299
      Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

It's a relief isn't it?

I too was stressing like crazy about my 341 as well, even though everyone here was here was telling me not to..
        I arrived about an hour early and watched the other cases.. Some smooth, others not so much... I tend to look on the negative side of things and kept telling my wife we're going to be one of the bad meetings... 8 minutes later we're waling out the door. So quick and simple.
        One issue the Trustee had with me was "who helped your fill out your paper work" (I filed Pro Se) We spent about 2 minutes on that. Apparently there is an issue with paralegals giving advice on legal matters on how to fill out paper work. I kept simply telling him Nolo book, public library and internet.

We're in the waiting game as well..
        But sorry to hear about your job loss in the family. But at least you didn't sign the re affirm papers.
        8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
        9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
        Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X