No announcement yet.

summons before bankruptcy by collection agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saying that around here(NJ) the debtor (me) didn't have to take any action to cause the cases in progress to cease.
    I should probably go back and check what happened, but no judgment, no further communication of any kind from either opposing attorneys or the court.
    I assume cases were dismissed w/o prejudice.
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Well we filed today there were 5 letters sent in the mail from lawyers telling me that there was a law suit pending on me .

Also Friday i got summons handed to my wife not me my wife .

I was at work so i gave that to my lawyer its in his hands now we dont really have anything of value to resell furniture cloths not much nothing new so i really dont see why they make you fill out your assets on a list it will cost them more to move it .

I do not put any money in my bank account so i dont see that as a issue but thanks for the heads up theres nothing left to put in the bank each week .

We been paying our mortgage for 10 years never off track ever my living expenses are paid up never miss .

So unless they take my personal tools and furniture and my lawn mower i dont know how ill be able to pay anything .

Iam filing myself so they cant take her stuff my wife doesnt work just me .

Last edited by wallstreet; 12-13-2011, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wallstreet View Post
        Well we filed today there were 5 letters sent in the mail from lawyers telling me that there was a law suit pending on me .

Also Friday i got summons handed to my wife not me my wife .

I was at work so i gave that to my lawyer its in his hands now we dont really have anything of value to resell furniture cloths not much nothing new so i really dont see why they make you fill out your assets on a list it will cost them more to move it .

I do not put any money in my bank account so i dont see that as a issue but thanks for the heads up theres nothing left to put in the bank each week .

We been paying our mortgage for 10 years never off track ever my living expenses are paid up never miss .

So unless they take my personal tools and furniture and my lawn mower i dont know how ill be able to pay anything .

Iam filing myself so they cant take her stuff my wife doesnt work just me .

best of luck to you! i hope you do well with filing pro se.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
          best of luck to you! i hope you do well with filing pro se.
          I think the OP meant he did not file jointly with his wife.

He mentions his attorney earlier in the post:

~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
            I think the OP meant he did not file jointly with his wife.

He mentions his attorney earlier in the post:

ahhhhhhhhhhh, you right Valle, i best put on my listening eyes he did say that a FEW times, like the atty has all the summons etc. i'd best get with the program!
            8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
              ahhhhhhhhhhh, you right Valle, i best put on my listening eyes he did say that a FEW times, like the atty has all the summons etc. i'd best get with the program!
              Nah... I had your back!! That's just how we roll!! And LOL at "listening eyes" - I am gonna steal that phrase from you!!
              ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
              Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                Nah... I had your back!! That's just how we roll!! And LOL at "listening eyes" - I am gonna steal that phrase from you!!
                LOL!!! thanks i need my back covered all the darn time your welcome to steal the phrase anytime

Comment

Well thanks for the kind words yes i filed myself its my debt not my wife.

I signed all my hospital bills she didnt sign anything and it was my credit card . She doesnt work she has no income .

So ill let you know what goes down when i vist the trustee i wounder how long that takes.

I feel better now it seems like from what iam told its not as bad as some make it out to be if you have a reason and a honest one they dont take anything . It also helps when you have little to give back but spent it on medical bills and not a boat or a diamond ring .

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X