X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CH 7 Update ?'s

Filed CH 7
    341 meeting 8/3/10
    Asset Case (main exempt is house under a homestead)
    Have attorney
    Have access to PACER - no indication of Discharge??

We agreed to a compromise settlement amount in which final monies are to be paid prior to year end. We are ready to pay the balance.

the latest On Pacer

Filed & Entered: 08/24/2011
    Terminated: 09/20/2011
    Motion to Compromise
    Order on Motion to Continue/Cancel Hearing
    Trustee's Request for Bar Date
    Filed & Entered: 08/25/2011
    Asset Notice Report
    Filed & Entered: 08/25/2011
    Terminated: 09/30/2011
    Application to Employ
    Filed: 08/26/2011
    Entered: 08/27/2011
    BNC Certificate of Mailing - PDF Document
    Filed: 08/27/2011
    Entered: 08/28/2011
    BNC Certificate of Mailing - Notice
    Filed & Entered: 09/20/2011
    Order on Motion to Compromise
    Filed: 09/22/2011
    Entered: 09/23/2011
    Filed & Entered: 09/30/2011
    Order on Application to Employ
    Filed: 10/02/2011
    Entered: 10/03/2011
    Filed & Entered: 12/03/2011
    Request for Claims Register
    Filed & Entered: 12/14/2011
    Clerk's Notice of Fees Due
    Filed & Entered: 12/14/2011
    Document

On the Motion to Compromise [36] it states on line item 10 that "The debtors have ageed to pay over to the trustee, in exchange for his release of aforementioned disclosed non-exempt assets, the sum of $ xxxx payable as follows:
    a. Payment of $XX upon approval of this Motion to Compromise; and
    b. The sum of $xx on or before Jan 1, 2012.

We have already made our initial payment (a) but now are concerned whether this was approved by court. Before we send final payment I wanted to know if everything was up and up. Have a call into my attorney with same questions.

Is it safe to pay the final without having verification that the trustees motion to compromise was ever approved by the court?

Why still no formal notice of discharge?!

thanks for any help

Well, the order is right there...

Filed & Entered: 09/20/2011
    Order on Motion to Compromise
    Why not just look at the Order! Otherwise, wait for your attorney.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

OK thanks. I had read this document and did not see approval. But now I see it is a copy of the original motion with granted printed up the side of the document.

Why no discharge yet?

Comment

You should REALLY sit down and speak with your attorney. The discharge should have come on or about 10/2/2011 (if your 341 Meeting was 8/3/2011 -- noting that you wrote "2010" above). Did you do the "Financial Education" course required for a discharge? Was that B23 Certificate of Completion filed with the court? (I don't see it above!). What FLAGS are on your case in PACER?

There is definitely something wrong. I would talk to my attorney immediately.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Actually my 341 was Aug/2010. In looking at Pacer history I don't see that a B23 Certificate was ever filed. I will request that from my attorney.

Regarding "Flags on Pacer", what are the and where should I look on Pacer to see?

Thanks!!

Comment

There is a FLAG area in pacer under the Case Summary link. Find those and then post them here and we'll tell you what they mean.

There is something wrong with your case if you didn't receive a discharge. You should see the discharge notice somewhere on the docket OR on the first screen after searching your case. Near the top will have your name, judge, chapter of bankruptcy, whether voluntary or not. The last couple of lines that "header" area should read "Debtor discharged" or something like that.

Comment

FlagsebtEd,ASSET

No discharge date

I have called/emailed my attorney to confirm his filing of B23. Have not heard back yet. I have the original email from debthelper sending the certificates to both him and I back on 10/7/2010. I assumed he would get that and do wwhat ever he needed to with it... Maybe he missed the email and forgot about the whole thing. If in fact the B23 was never filed, what would be the recourse now that the 45 day filing deadline has passed? We still have the certificates.

Comment

Flags DebtEd, Assets

Comment

Exactly... DebEd is missing!!! "DebEd" is the flag for "Debtor Education" and is the "second" class. Since you have taken the Financial Management course where is the certificate and why didn't your attorney file it?

The Form B23 can be filed so long as your case is not CLOSED! Lucky for you, it's a LONG RUNNING asset case and is still open! You only need to file the Form B23 with a copy of the Financial Management course completion certificate! Then call the Clerk's office and voila, your case will be discharged!

This is actually horrible to read of this at this late point! Your attorney owes you an explanation for sure. Since they appear to be ignoring you... I'd call 3 times a day until they respond. Otherwise, go sit in their office until they show up.

Comment

Thanks for your help! Like I said before I am ready to send the last payment on our agreed debt settlement. Once the Trustee receives this, what would be the normal things to happen. What I want to acheive is closure or it's equivalent in case I need to sell my house which fell under exempt asset. Would that be a "Final Report" or "Notice of Abandonment"? What can I get besides a close date that could let me sell my house without worry of attachment by anyone?

That's my last ?'s, Thanks for your time!!

Comment

The Trustee will file a Final Report. This will take some time since the Trustee needs to distribute the money, wait for "returned" mail, and then close the case. i would guess 60-90 days for the case to close after you get in that last payment.

Comment

OK, Thanks again for your help!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X