Does this mean what I think it does????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this mean what I think it does????

Have I met a major milestone with my Chapter 7 case???? Here is what was reported on Pacer Dec 21st:

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, XXXXXXX, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Meeting of Creditors and Examination of Debtor(s) Conducted. Debtor appeared. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 2 months. Assets Abandoned (without deducting any secured claims): $ xxxxxxx.xx, Assets Exempt: $ xxxxx.xx, Claims Scheduled: $ xxxxxxx.xx, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment (without deducting the value of collateral or debts excepted from discharge): $ xxxxxxx.xx. (XXXXXXX
    Last edited by Nufsayd; 12-26-2011, 08:08 AM.

Please edit and remove names. Congrats
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

^^^^ Thanks....I thought I had edited everything

Comment

This means that the (Panel) Trustee has found no asset to administer. In other words, s/he has confirmed and declared your case to be a No Asset Case. It is a milestone for no asset cases indeed!

The next milestone is the 10 days after the 341 Meeting. This is a deadline for the United States Trustee (UST) to file a Notice of Presumption for Abuse. The last milestone is the 60 days after the 341 Meeting and is the most important. That's the deadline to file a complaint regarding your discharge. If the UST was not at your 341 Meeting and/or hasn't asked for "more documentation", you are probably in the clear.

Welcome to Club Sixty!
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

My 341 was held on Nov 28th and the above was posted on Pacer Dec 21st....so my 10 days have passed, at least that is what I am thinking????

Comment

Yes, your 10 days has passed. If there has been no activity and no request for additional documents since filing, you're generally good to go! In fact, most cases are good to go without any request for additional documentation.

You are well into your 60 days!
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X