Hey guys. Question on my 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey guys. Question on my 7

We will be filing the paperwork the end of February. Yay!!!

I currently have myself, the wife and 2 brothers on a combined family plan with Verizon. Should I deity this out of my name? Bill is around $250 vein split 3 ways. I pay it and they pay me cash. Do you see any problems from this? Also do you know if collection calls can get their info from my plan?

Thanks guys!

We have ATT with a family plan, we didn't have any issues. It wasn't even discussed...just list it as our phone bill on your paperwork.
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

I'm not sure of what you are asking. Do you wish it out of your name? I would suggest that and go to a pay as you go basic service. Them paying you cash is a little confusing and if I were the Trustee, I would frown. After all a C7 is a liquidation and then a "new start". A cell phone is a luxury you can live without. If you are age below 40, you may not agree, but believe me you can.

These toys are quite expensive and your partnership should be moved off your name in my opinion. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Well, I guess I am going to disagree with 'Hub about this. More and more people are choosing to discard the traditional land line, in favor of a cell phone as the 'house' phone. However, I will agree that one does NOT have to have the latest blackberry, i pad, or whatever the latest rage is. A basic, no frills, pay-as-you-go cell phone such as a Boost Mobile will serve your communication needs adequately.

Include that cost in your utilities schedules.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Include it in utilities; cellphones are not luxuries any more. In my case, I had a smartphone and the trustee did not question it at all.
          C7 Filed: 2009-11-06 | 341: 2009-12-14: | DISCHARGED: 2010-02-09
          Condo: Walked away due to 2nd mortgage intransigence; 1st foreclosed. Now totally DEBT FREE!!

Comment

I use the MagicJack internet telephone - $20/yr.

Comment

Originally posted by iv65536 View Post
              Include it in utilities; cellphones are not luxuries any more. In my case, I had a smartphone and the trustee did not question it at all.
              Same here. It was really the only expense I had beside my cable/internet. Maybe she saw my income and expenses and felt sorry for me LOL but she didn't say anything about it.
              Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

$250 a month just for 3 people to talk on the phone?! I have a home phone and cable internet together for about $80 a month and that includes unlimited talking time nationwide. That's less than I was paying for a cellphone for one person!

Comment

Need it for work though. Should I get the get the plan out of my name?

Comment

No one ever asked me to produce actual bills. I would put down what your responsibility is and leave it at that. $83 is not extravagent for a cellphone especially if the plan is unlimited or has a data plan. The pay as you go phones are great for people that only use their phone occasionally or for emergencies. It's not great for people that use it for work or as their only phone.
                    Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

We don't have a landline. Me and my husband use our cell phones as our home phone. We each have an iphone, and we pay a total of $194 a month for the both of them. I listed the $194 as my phone utility on my schedule. No questions were asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackgoose View Post
                        Need it for work though. Should I get the get the plan out of my name?
                        In the months leading up to a bankruptcy filing, I would think it is NEVER a good idea to add or remove your name from anything if you can help it. Your attorney could guide you best about this.
                        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X