Got an offer to settle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got an offer to settle

Bank of America sent me an offer today to settle 75k of debt for $34k... Hmm,... No thanks.

I'm going to start traveling for work. Do you guys see and problems if after the 341 meeting I moved out of state or 4 months?

I didn't to do anything in person after the 341. I would presume that if the Trustee were to raise some exception to the case, or a creditor were to file an AP, that your presence at the court of filing would be necessary.

And yes, that offer s---s.

Comment

i would just advise your atty where you are and how to reach you. usually after the 341 and all had/has gone well, you have no reason to stick around. many people move and in your case it's about your job, so i wouldn't be concerned.
      8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Yes, you can pretty much do whatever you want, including getting a better job, which is what the move amount to. As tobee says, keep your attorney informed. Just do NOT accept any offers, or enter into any side deals with one of your creditors during this period.

I know you said you aren't interested in BOA's offer. This warning is for anyone else reading this: if you accept or enter into any side deals, you run the risk of having your case dismissed.

Is it you going out of state, or is the family going too? I ask because a commuting marriage can cause problems in a relationship. However, it can work out fine. 'Hub and I had a four year period with his employment.

Good wishes to you!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X