Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car loan during chapter 7? Ugh!!!

Of all times for this to happen...
    I rear-ended somebody the other day and dented my car pretty bad. I am still waiting to hear from the insurance company, but I think they might just total it out. It's not worth very much, and it they might not want to repair it.

Anyways, I might need to buy a car. Is there any place who would be willing to even consider giving us a loan (probably around $7,000), or are we just out of luck at the moment? Our discharge date is the 30th of this month.

Originally posted by jsparkles View Post
    I rear-ended somebody the other day and dented my car pretty bad. I am still waiting to hear from the insurance company, but I think they might just total it out. It's not worth very much, and it they might not want to repair it.

Anyways, I might need to buy a car. Is there any place who would be willing to even consider giving us a loan (probably around $7,000), or are we just out of luck at the moment? Our discharge date is the 30th of this month.
    Believe it or not you will be able to find someone for a loan considering how close you are to discharge. Just prepare for a high interest rate fresh off a 7. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by jsparkles

If it is drivable, and you can hold out till discharge, you can do what you wish. Now there are some nice cars far less than what you wish to spend. I purchased an old police car for 800 and drove it for four years with only 300 total upkeep not counting oil changes. It ran well till we gave it away and it was destroyed (not going there).

You can do with a beater, and your car is worth something if it moves at all. Take it to the junkyard for steel weight if nothing more. You will get 2 or 3 hundred. Or strip it for eBay parts.

If your car is insured and totaled you will get something for it. Buy it back for junk. They may be willing. Don't go immediately into debt. Bad new start. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

PLEASE do not start the same thread in two different forum groups. It is against the rules and is confusing. You will get the same service with one thread. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
          PLEASE do not start the same thread in two different forum groups. It is against the rules and is confusing. You will get the same service with one thread. 'Hub
          What he said.

I merged the threads.
          LadyInTheRed is in the black!
          Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
          $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X