Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 today

Finally! I'm going in!

My hearing is today at 10:30ish. Slept okay last night. Got up early, I thought to have a little breakfast. All I can get down is a piece of toast.

So nervous! But I have to go thru it! I'll post more after my hearing. Thanks to all for their support!

Filed Chapter 7 - December 21, 2011

Relax! We were so worried about our 341, but it was over in minutes. I remember saying to our attorney when we left the hearing room, "Is that it?" Good luck! Let us know how it went.
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

You will do fine. We had ours on Friday. Were concerned we'd be grilled about many different things, but overall it was smooth and drama free.

My big advice is to only answer the questions when asked, and stick with the yes and no reply. Don't feel compelled to offer additional information or details unless specifically asked by the trustee. No need to fill in the pockets of silence with unnecessary chatter.

Also, speak loudly, clearly and with an air of confidence. The gal before us was a nervous wreck, offering all sorts of irrelevant information, not following her attny's pre-conference instructions (we were able to listen to his meeting with her prior to going into the conference room).

Others have said that on these boards, and I have to agree whole-heartedly.

Good luck!

Comment

Good luck to you!
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

eagerly awaiting your report

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Well its over. I did fine, I was nervous but I got thru it.

The trustee went with the value on my car. The equity isn't an issue!!! Which was the one thing I was worried about.

I got to use the wildcard on my tax refund. So I get to keep half of it. I didn't expect that so, Whoohoo!!

I just have to furnish a couple things to the trustee. I didn't have my memorandum title to my car, just picked it up.

So I guess I finally in the 60 day club!!

!!!!!!!!

He never even asked what I spent money on last summer. I was afraid he was going to probe into my bank statements but he never even asked about it!

RELIEF!

Comment

Excellent!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!!

8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Filing my taxes today! This nightmare is over for me.....

I need a drink and a nap!

Thanks to everyone who held my hand thru this. Let the 60 day countdown begin!!

Comment

Yay ana!! I am happy for you!! Welcome to Club 60!

Enjoy your drink & nap!
                    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Welcome to the 60 day club!!

I was so nervous.. You read it time and time again not to be nervous about it but you just can't help it.
                      I didn't stop being nervous till I was out of the court house parking lot.
                      8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
                      9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
                      Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                        Yay ana!! I am happy for you!! Welcome to Club 60!

Enjoy your drink & nap!
                        Thanks! You helped me calm down and thats all I had to do. Easier said than done.

The guy that went before me was a mess. He mumbled his answers. His paperwork was a jumbled mess. He couldnt answer the trustee's questions. His hearing got continued. I could tell the trustee had lost his patience with him. He had an attorney but he was no help.

Coming to this site prepared me so well. Once I sat down and started answering the questions, the trustee was really nice to me. My paperwork was all there, except I had submitted my car's registration and he wanted the memorandum title. So I got that and will send it in tomorrow.

I know I have to wait the 60 days, but my fresh starts today!

Comment

Congratulations!!! Go have that drink and have a nice hot bath. Or a hot tub is even better!
                          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

YEAHHHHH ana!!!!!!
                            You made it. Have that drink but don't do what I did...wink wink
                            filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                            "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Originally posted by anafan View Post
                              Finally! I'm going in!

My hearing is today at 10:30ish. Slept okay last night. Got up early, I thought to have a little breakfast. All I can get down is a piece of toast.

So nervous! But I have to go thru it! I'll post more after my hearing. Thanks to all for their support!
                              Hi, I noticed you're from Ohio? Just out of curiousity, did you file in the Northern, or Southern District of Ohio? Mine was Southern District(Columbus area).
                              Filed: 5/22/07; 341 Hearing: 6/27/07;
                              Confirmed: 8/13/07; DISCHARGED 4/17/2012

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X