Tax Refund Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax Refund Question

Hi Friends....haven't posted in a bit...been busy working to pay for my Chap 7..it should be paid for in the next month! I will be filing taxes next week and may get a small refund back..under $1000...but I wondered about filing electronically and getting it auto-deposited into my checking account. Will that count against me if it's deposited there? I plan to use it to finish paying my 7 and to buy some new tires for my car which I desperately need..It's just that the first 2 attnys I went to pretty much told me that I didn't qualify for a 7 after running my numbers, and my attny now worked with me and asked more ?s than the others and they told me a 7 is very "doable".. just don't want anything to mess it up...

There is no reason you can't file electronically have your refund direct deposited to your account before you file bankruptcy. Just be sure that when you do the electronic filing, you print a copy of your return. Also, when you get an email saying that the IRS has accepted your return, print that too.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X