Just Started my Chapter 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Started my Chapter 7

I went and met with a few lawyers and chose one. Need to pay his fee and then the court costs and I'll actually be on my way!

Advice from the experienced?

Hi and welcome. Best advice is just keep reading here. Post any Q's as they come up, or even just your experiences, worries, rants along the way. It helps to share the journey.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

I wrote some long experience stories a while back titled "What I Learned in Filing BK." You can search for them on this forum - they are a collection of the best advice I gathered from members here and how I applied them to my pre-filing, filing process, and the 341 meeting. I lurked here for a year gathering info and best practices before I took the plunge, and the process was a lot more smooth than I thought it would be because of what I learned here.

You will do well if you are transparent and honest - the rest is just paperwork.

Comment

I agree, you need to surf this website to get background information and information specific to your situation. Ask questions when in doubt. I also used it to verify information provided by my lawyer. Other advice is to work with your lawyer to plan your BK to maximize your benefit. Remember BK is a business decision and not a personal one. It will be over before you know it and for the best.
        Lawyer - $3000
        Filing fee - $299
        Fresh Start - Priceless

Comment

Welcome and Congrats and making the best decision for your financial future. As all the others have mentioned above, read and post questions on here. Everyone on here helped make our BK go pretty smoothly.
          5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
          7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
          9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X