top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, is it typical to make it 59 days and then see an objection filed on the last day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, is it typical to make it 59 days and then see an objection filed on the last day?

Been waiting out the clock on the 60 days, and was wondering if US Trustees typically wait until the very last day to file challenges/objections under 707 b(3) totality of circumstances?

have seen it, but usually your atty gets a clue about it first. or at least many times they heard from the trustee before you.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      have seen it, but usually your atty gets a clue about it first. or at least many times they heard from the trustee before you.
      Thanks, tobee. I have heard absolutely nothing from my attorney so I am in the dark there. Oh well, something will either show up, or not show up on PACER, so, I will know soon enough I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by filed View Post
        Thanks, tobee. I have heard absolutely nothing from my attorney so I am in the dark there. Oh well, something will either show up, or not show up on PACER, so, I will know soon enough I suppose.
        welcome, i think that sounds like good news. i know it nerve racking!! but you will be there soon
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Today is my 59th day too!!!...so we are in this together :-)

Comment

Do you have reason to feel this way? It is doubtful that anything will happen if it has not in the previous 58 days. As far as your lawyer, no news is good news unless he is not responding to your questions. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
              Do you have reason to feel this way? It is doubtful that anything will happen if it has not in the previous 58 days. As far as your lawyer, no news is good news unless he is not responding to your questions. 'Hub
              That's what I wanted to hear! I was thinking that since I am close that if something was gonna come up, it would have by now, but, then I was wondering if they usually do it on the last day, such that I cannot get my hopes up.

Comment

That's what I wanted to hear! I was thinking that since I am close that if something was gonna come up, it would have by now, but, then I was wondering if they usually do it on the last day, such that I cannot get my hopes up.
                I would hope that not the case as it is meanness to do so. However, being a victim of meanness, my enemy filed an AP on my 60th day. It never went anywhere but if you look at my timeline in my sig, you will see we had a loooong ordeal as an asset case. 'Hub

P.S. don't stress so much, the hamsters are waiting for the word.

"Worry is a darkroom where negatives are developed"
                If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Silence is golden.

Actually, Day 59 or 60 is as good as any other day to file; however, I tend to think that you are 59/60ths of the way through the process. Bad things don't just tend to pop up - they usually have plenty of warning signs.

Comment

I hate to be the debbie downer over here, but one particular creditor of ours filed a motion to extend the time to object to discharge on the 60th day ---- they got their motion granted and had another 90 days to object to discharge --- filed another motion to extend to the time to object to discharge again on the last day of that extension and got another 60 or 90 days (can't remember exactly, actually I don't really want to) -- and then filed another motion to extend the time to object to discharge on the last day of that extension, for a third time. After the third time, the judge granted it but gave them a stern warning that they would not be allowed anymore time. They got 30 more days the last time. After going through a section 2004 exam and submitting TONS of bank statements going back years and years, our case was finally discharged after the third extension.

This creditor was a vicious bank that my husband used for a business loan that he personally guaranteed. Our attorney said they were harassing us "within the bounds of the law." That sucked!

Comment

Thank you all for the replies. Yesterday was the 60th day for me, and so far, nothing has posted to PACER. I suppose I need to check PACER again around noon to make sure nothing was filed yesterday but just had not yet been posted to PACER. Fingers crossed for a few more hours, then I can start to wonder when/if the panel trustee will actually let me know if I am no asset as I filed, or an asset case.

Comment

Originally posted by AbbeyA View Post
                        I hate to be the debbie downer over here, but one particular creditor of ours filed a motion to extend the time to object to discharge on the 60th day ---- they got their motion granted and had another 90 days to object to discharge --- filed another motion to extend to the time to object to discharge again on the last day of that extension and got another 60 or 90 days (can't remember exactly, actually I don't really want to) -- and then filed another motion to extend the time to object to discharge on the last day of that extension, for a third time. After the third time, the judge granted it but gave them a stern warning that they would not be allowed anymore time. They got 30 more days the last time. After going through a section 2004 exam and submitting TONS of bank statements going back years and years, our case was finally discharged after the third extension.

This creditor was a vicious bank that my husband used for a business loan that he personally guaranteed. Our attorney said they were harassing us "within the bounds of the law." That sucked!
                        Like me, you had an enemy. Most objections are from "friends" or "relatives". Goes for APs as well. Usually vindictive only. 'Hub

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X