• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got the discharge today, but, no idea if we are asset or no asset

On PACER today:

DISCHARGE OF JOINT DEBTORS
    It appearing that the debtors are entitled to a discharge,
    IT IS ORDERED:
    The debtors are granted a discharge under section 727 of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code).

I suppose its a small step in the right direction. Thanks to all on this forum for sharing knowledge and support.

certainly good news, now you just have to wait for the "close" order and you should be all set.
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Originally posted by tobee43 View Post
      certainly good news, now you just have to wait for the "close" order and you should be all set.
      Well, ultimately, yes...but FIRST I need to know if we are "No Asset" like we filed, or if there is something the Panel Trustee thinks is worthy of opening up an asset case for. I also need to get resolved the issue of whether the debt from the pre-petition judgement was discharged. Still lots of issues for me, unfortunately, and still no response from my attorney despite another email this morning. One thing at a time, I suppose.

Comment

usually by the time of your discharge you have some clue whether a trustee is interested in your assets. NOT always, however, your atty should have a clue by now who's looking at what and if the trustee had any questions.

many times the order of discharge comes and it could be a bit before you receive the close order. it just depends many times on the trustee, or is it sitting on the judges pile awaiting signature, one really never knows. ours came together in the same envelope from the court. while i have seen other people wait 2 months between the orders.
        8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

We never received a closed letter so I don’t think its common that a filer gets notification. I thought for sure we were an asset case but I guess not. I found out we were closed when the bank went to foreclose on and sell a property we listed as a non-exempt asset, which I assumed the trustee would sell. I double-checked pacer and there it was, closed. Then I triple checked with our attorney, closed. Turned out the property sold for less than what was owed (lots of bank fees included) so there was nothing there anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by angles View Post
            We never received a closed letter so I don’t think its common that a filer gets notification. I thought for sure we were an asset case but I guess not. I found out we were closed when the bank went to foreclose on and sell a property we listed as a non-exempt asset, which I assumed the trustee would sell. I double-checked pacer and there it was, closed. Then I triple checked with our attorney, closed. Turned out the property sold for less than what was owed (lots of bank fees included) so there was nothing there anyway.
            there are always two orders issued:

1. an order of discharge
            2. an order of close

yours was an asset case and didnt' close until the property was sold, and like so many for naught. these trustees, or many of them try to get every penny they think may be there and many times it turns out exactly like what happened in your case. while others trustees have sold assets and distribute the proceeds.

Comment

You should have received a Trustee's Interim Report which identifies all your assets and indicates exemption status. Check for it on Pacer.
              Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                You should have received a Trustee's Interim Report which identifies all your assets and indicates exemption status. Check for it on Pacer.
                Ohio filer, I have checked all over PACER, and the Trustee simply has not filed either an Interim Report which indicates my no asset 7 is being changed to an asset case, or a Report of No Asset/ No Distribution. They have simply filed nothing yet.

Comment

filed, I feel so bad for you!

Have you called your case manager simply to ask? Maybe a report is sitting in a que and needs someone to push a button - it can't hurt to ask - and calling them won't be the same as asking the Trustee (aka poking the sleeping lion with a stick).

Hope you find out something soon - I had hoped that was why I saw a post from you today.
                  ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                  Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I don't know how we missed you! Here is to your fresh New Start:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by filed View Post
                      Ohio filer, I have checked all over PACER, and the Trustee simply has not filed either an Interim Report which indicates my no asset 7 is being changed to an asset case, or a Report of No Asset/ No Distribution. They have simply filed nothing yet.
                      filed, you are not alone - I was discharged 6 months ago and am still not closed, never received a report of anything from the trustee and nothing on pacer. My lawyer says the trustee trying to get the money my ex owes me that I couldn't exempt (like $600, I personally think its not worth it, but whatever), but I haven't heard or seen anything on that nor have I been told I am an asset case. Frankly, at this point I don't care; I am discharged and moving on with my life. If the trustee wants to go after my ex, more power to him, though I will be surprised if he ever gets a dime.

Point is, don't stress over it too much - being discharged is what your main goal was and you got that!
                      Jessica
                      Filed Chapter 7 (Minnesota): 5/23/11
                      Discharged 8/30/11, Not yet closed...

Comment

Thanks, jessica, but, among other things, I have to stress over it because I have a vehicle that needs repair, but, I cannot do anything with it until the trustee decides to take it or abandon it. The trustee has told my attorney nothing, and I have no idea how long this will go on.

Comment

Originally posted by ValleYum View Post
                          filed, I feel so bad for you!

Have you called your case manager simply to ask? Maybe a report is sitting in a que and needs someone to push a button - it can't hurt to ask - and calling them won't be the same as asking the Trustee (aka poking the sleeping lion with a stick).

Hope you find out something soon - I had hoped that was why I saw a post from you today.
                          Thanks, ValleYum...I will try calling the case manager as you suggest as long as you think this will not aggravate the trustee! Hate to ask a(nother) dumb question, but, how exactly do I get in touch with my case manager?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
                            CONGRATULATIONS!!! I don't know how we missed you! Here is to your fresh New Start:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Thank you, AngelinaCat, but, I cannot celebrate until I know what is ultimately going to happen in my case. I am going to wait to dance with the rodents until I get a resolution, but, I like having them at the ready!

Comment

Originally posted by filed View Post
                              Thanks, ValleYum...I will try calling the case manager as you suggest as long as you think this will not aggravate the trustee! Hate to ask a(nother) dumb question, but, how exactly do I get in touch with my case manager?
                              Call the clerk of the BK Court, and ask to speak to your case worker. Have your case number handy, as that determines who is assigned to your case. That person should be able to answer your questions. Do that first thing in the morning. Please let us know how it goes.
                              "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X