Tomorrow's FINALLY the day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tomorrow's FINALLY the day!

I am finally going to file my Chapter 7, pro se, tomorrow! I ended up taken the pre-bankruptcy filing course again (1st one expired).....I have checked, rechecked, and rechecked my schedules over and over to make sure that all was in order.

My unsecured debt was really high, over $300k, due to several mortgage foreclosure deficiencies from a few years ago. I explained it as such on the schedules, so although this figure is high, I hope it won't be a problem.

Wish me luck!

Good luck! Let us know how it all goes!!!

Comment

Good luck from 'Hub and I also. Keep us posted as to your progress.

Good wishes to you!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Good luck limonrod. Sounds like you did your homework!
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

GL.

Hope everything goes smooth. File in Person if you can. The clerk will probably give your papers a once over and see if they are correct. Make a copy of them before hand and they'll certify your copy as well.
          8-25-2011 - Free Consultations. -- 9-03-2011 - Decided to file Pro Se
          9-15-2011 - Filed Chapter 7 Pro Se -- 10-17-2011 - 341 Meeting/No Asset Case
          Discharged 12-21-2011 - Case Closed 12-27-2011 - Another Pro Se'r has done it!!

Comment

Originally posted by buzzstpoint View Post
            GL.

Hope everything goes smooth. File in Person if you can. The clerk will probably give your papers a once over and see if they are correct. Make a copy of them before hand and they'll certify your copy as well.
            After having a dumb, irresponsible lawyer, I admire anyone who goes pro se. A smart thing to do. Sign up for PACER while you are there. Go forth and conquer. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

How did it go?

Comment

It went GREAT! I had all my forms and all was in order! Hooray! Now to wait on the notice for the dreaded 341......I had signed up for PACER about a week or so ago so I am going to log on later tonight and see if I am there!

Comment

Now, with Pacer.
                  Be careful, You can rack up some big charges with it.

Comment

PACER is for the additive personally. we never touched it LOL!! however, i do so understand why one would want to join...don't forgive JB's blog : about racking up expenses when uses Pacer. be patient...remember it USE to be a virtue http://www.bkforum.com/entry.php?228...-Serious-Money!
                    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

I'll make sure to watch it on PACER! Lol, and hopefully I'll "forget" or be too busy to get around to it, the same way that it took me all this time to finally get around to filing!

Comment

Here's howto get charged the minimum.

after you log in,
                        Click the query tab at the top.
                        Search your case number or name.
                        Once you get the pacer BK id number for your case, write that down so you dont have to search all the time.

Once you find your case, you'll click the run query button at the bottom of the search.
                        2 thing to look at here.

1st = Date of last filing:
                        Remember this date.

For now, Click on the Docket report, your case number should be filled in, just click run report.
                        **You just got charged for running this report**
                        Now look at the papers there were filed, If you click on any thing else you'll be charged for that. Scroll to the bottom and see what it is. If you click to download that or any of the items here, you'll be billed for those.

Now that you have your update.
                        next time you log in you'll look at the Date of last filing:
                        If this hasn't changed, there isn't anything new to see. Log out. You haven't been billed.

Comment

You can also sign up for Electronic Noticing via email - totally free - they send you an email with a pdf of docs (if applicable) any time your case is updated!

~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X