Life After CH 7 = Wonderful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life After CH 7 = Wonderful

Hi all. I haven't been here in ages due to family illness. Once again, taking care of a loved one for months (some may remember when I first here, I had just lost my father after nursing him at home with brain cancer and had been supporting my son and his family for a few years). I hope the worst of that is over (my sister is getting better) and I can once again contribute here.

Just wanted to say that other than the family illness and my 2 yr. old great grandson just being diagnosed with autism, filing Bk was the best decision I ever made. I now have a life again where I can pay the bills as they arrive and am saving for a luxury car. I just returned from a beach vacation which was wonderful as I got to take the sister who had been ill.......and pay for it all. I also hope to be able to contribute a little to helping find programs/medicine for our little one who has autism, insurances pay nothing and I will help all I can to see he gets a chance at some semblance of a normal life. It is fantastic to not have to worry how the bills will get paid. I guess in that respect I am one of the really lucky folks who have gone through BK.

I did have one issue with a JDB harrassing me (just started in Dec) but my attorney quickly took care of that one after they refused to stop calling and writing. Not a peep since he called them. I wanted to sue em........LOL.

But more importantly the new start renewed my pre-BK thoughts that money and/or a credit score just is not what counts in life. The presence of loved ones, both family and friends is the true blessing in life, not where you live, what you own or much you make, they are just numbers.

Anyway, I thought I would write some good news for those that are still on BK journey. There is light at the end of this long tunnel and it certainly can be good. Also, as mentioned above, could care less about credit score but interestingly, I have no new cards and my score has jumped to 656. I only know this because I put a fraud alert w/Equifax because of the JDB threats of fraud and etc......LOL and they sent me a free report. That kinda blew me away but also may give some who feel they want or need credit in the future an idea of how it can play out sometimes.

I hope to be able to get back to posting regularly and am glad to see so many of the folks I met here who were going through BK when I left now are discharged and many others are soon to follow.

Take care and be blessed.
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Welcome back Sunshine - glad to hear life is good for you! Amen to family and loved ones being the most important thing in life!

Comment

Welcome back! I'm glad the BK put you in a position to be able to focus on what's important: your family!
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am glad you are able to do some great things with your family. Family is the most important.

My husband and I will be filing this summer, so it is so great to see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Comment

Thanks Lady and Basket. It has been a rough 3 yrs but things are looking up for the family. Now if we can just get my little great grandson the proper help with his autisim and my sister keeps her health, life will be great.

Basket.......hang in there, it took me over 13 months to get filed once I quit paying CC's but you will get there. Good luck!
          Filed CH 7 4/15/11
          341 5/23/11

Comment

I will say prayers for your sister & grandson. They are so lucky to have you in their family.

Thanks for the encouragement on filing. We had discussed this for the last couple of years when we decided to try and redo our mortgage on our rental property with BOA. We are eagerly anticipating filing and hopefully if our 7 goes through, having it done with by the end of this year.

Thanks!
            Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
            Thanks Lady and Basket. It has been a rough 3 yrs but things are looking up for the family. Now if we can just get my little great grandson the proper help with his autisim and my sister keeps her health, life will be great.

Basket.......hang in there, it took me over 13 months to get filed once I quit paying CC's but you will get there. Good luck!

Comment

Excellent news, nicely put, and..
              Welcome Back!!!

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

So nice to hear from you! The best of luck with your grandson and finding help for him, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! You were on here alot when I first started reading this forum last year and great to hear good stuff post BK from those that been there done that. Good Luck!

Comment

Yes, I remember you. Good to see you return. Please note the vast amount of newbies. Your help and encouragement will be appreciated. 'Hub
                  If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hub, glad to be back. One of the reasons I came back was my desire to help as I would have been totally lost without this forum. Not the brightest star on the planet about BK but have learned alot for sure.......LOL. Sadly, "nursing duty" kept me busy and exhausted but things are looking up and I hope to be here more often.
                    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                    341 5/23/11

Comment

Thanks Drazil..........nice to be here again. And your thoughts and prayer for my little one are greatly appreciated, it's a horrible disability. But he has great family love and support, that's what will get us all through it.
                      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                      341 5/23/11

Comment

Thanks Keep.........nice to be back.
                        Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                        341 5/23/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...