This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

publicly bullied over bankruptcy

Have you all ever seen anyone bullied publicly over filing bankruptcy? This was brought to my attention today. A bully site, with large membership, pays for a Pacer account so they can publicly humiliate a particular filer. They take Pacer info and publish it online. They write letters to the judge, trustee, and business contacts. Apparently the site members have no personal connection to the case.

I understand frustration over bankruptcy laws but this seems a bit much? From what I can gather the online bullying has possibly caused loss of income.

Edited to add that this hate group is unhappy that a "mommy blogger" filed chapter 7.
    Last edited by jellybeanz; 02-20-2012, 03:02 PM.

Are you sure you don't have the Pacer sites confused. Pacer.gov is the BK info site and Pacer.org is the site of the organization that addresses the problem of bullying in school concerning children and teens. Both are completely different entities.

DM

Comment

No this bully group does not agree with this "mommy blogger" filing chapter 7.

Comment

Never heard of it, never seen it in action.

Comment

Who is it?
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I would be careful, even as a member site, to abuse the bankruptcy system by filing false and frivolous claims with the U.S. Trustee or the Court. By the way, don't the news media channels do this to for high profile individuals (and companies)? I mean, they dump PACER and then blurt it all over the airways.

It is public information. However, I would draw the line at interfering with the case by writing letters to the parties in interest and the Court.
            Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
            Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
              Who is it?
              Yeah, give us some more information. I would be interested in seeing exactly what they are doing. If it is a "bully site, with a large membership" what is the URL or name of it?

DM

Comment

This post seems a bit suspicious to me....
                Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Yes, suspicious since only 2 posts and the only thing posted about is bullying over bankruptcy. I've never heard of it.
                  Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                  Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

I agree. That is why I asked OP for the URL of the site he/she was telling us about. Just doesn't sound credible, but you never know...with how crazy the economy has gotten...it wouldn't surprise me. Just give us some more info about it, you got our curiosity up.

DM

Comment

If you read what I have about this hate site you would see why I am limiting what I say here. They have gotten C&D's over death threats apparently.

The site is called MWO*Pblog. Please take out the *

Comment

Interesting...all I can say is that I'm glad no one knows who I am! People that worry THAT much about someone else, especially someone they don't personally know has big problems. I didn't read very much as it was quite boring but obviously people have nothing better to do. I'm sure celebrity bankruptcy petitions would be a much more interesting read.
                        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

It looks like it's just the one blogger that they've united a hate campaign against. I was thinking the OP meant there was a site where people were using Pacer info to bully quite a lot of people rather than just 1. It's the internet and some people have nothing better to do with their time than worry about things that really are completely none of their own business.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I hope that site does not start a trend. Yikes.

Comment

Two words here: who cares?

Good luck to us all.
                              No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X